27

[ Mike ]

"Mike Wheeler to the front office please."

I looked around for a moment before grabbing my stuff and running out of the classroom. I ran down the halls and jumped down the stairs until I got to the office.

My mom and Y/n's mom were standing at the front desk. I looked at them before my mom pointed to the doors.

I walked past them, pushing the doors open. Y/n was standing with the stupid stuffed frog I got her from the hospital gift shop.

I dropped all my stuff, running to her. She laughed as I grabbed her in a tight hug. I picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

Am I asleep?

Am I dreaming?

I set Y/n down, grabbing her face.

She leaned in and kissed me which I was too in shock to do at first. She's awake. She's ok.

I pulled away crying too much to say anything. "I could hear you. And feel you. The whole time." She smiled. I nodded, wiping my eyes on my sleeve.

"I love you. I love you so much. I'm sorry I didn't do more. I love you." She hugged me again, telling me I did do enough.

. . .

Y/n and I got to spend the rest of the day together. Which wasn't shocking considering it was the last day of school anyways.

I watched all the stupid romcom movies. I watched them all with a smile on my face. She was back. With me.

Y/n had her head on my shoulder and still held onto the frog. I held her hand tightly, silently promising I'd never let anything like that happen to her again.

Never.

"See? They're good movies." She beamed.

They said she can't remember anything from the week before she went into the coma.

She doesn't remember anything about it.

I don't want to remind her.

She looked so scared under that bed. So hopeless. So unprepared for her death.

I swallowed hard to stop any tears from falling. Y/n looked up at me and gasped. "Mike! Are you crying at the movie?!"

I shook my head, wiping my face. "No!"

"Yes you are! I just saw it!" She teased.

I smiled and shrugged. "Maybe I was a little." Y/n kissed me again holding onto my shirt. "I missed your kisses." She smiled.

"I missed you." I replied.

. . .

Y/n laid on my chest fast asleep. It was like the second her head touched her pillow she was asleep. She has to spend the rest of her summer in summer school.

I'm ok with that. I'll help her.

I ran my hand over her back, trying not to think about the horrors I'd seen.

I looked at the Polaroids on the ceiling she'd taken of us.
Some of the photos I had initially begged her not to put up. I thought I looked stupid.

But I don't care anymore. After seeing how big she smiled when she saw them again... I'd let her show the world if it made her smile like that.

I missed her so much. I can't get enough of her touch now. I want her to hold me closer and tighter and I want her to kiss me more, kiss me longer.

But I could ask for all that in the morning.

Part of me didn't want to sleep. I didn't want to risk waking up if this was a dream. Or waking up and her being gone again.

Don't think like that Mike... She's going to be here.

100%.

I let myself close my tired eyes and slowly fall asleep.

I slept lightly now, the slightest noises or movements woke me up. Every time I was wide awake, expecting to be face to face with some fleshy disgusting monster.

But every time it was just Y/n.

Just her pulling the covers up more or sniffling a little.

And soon she was waking up. Shifting around as she stretched, stopping and putting her hands in my hair to play with it.

She kissed my forehead softly before sitting up and getting out of bed. I listened to her feet padding out of the room to the bathroom.

I sat up, looking at the sun peeking in through the curtains.

I can't tell if I'm exhausted or well rested.

I leaned back against her headboard as she washed her hands and came back into the room. Y/n smiled widely at me, closing her door and running back over to the bed. She got back in with me, hugging me tightly.

I hugged her back, kissing her head.

"I love you, Mike." She sighed.

"I love you too." I whispered back.

Really, I love her so much more. I'll always love her more than she loves me.

Y/n grabbed the photo of us off her bedside table and admired it. It was an awful picture of us at the 8th grade "prom".

She sighed, looking up at me.

"Let's never break up, Mike."

I smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, let's never break up."

Guys idk how to end this book so that's it.
Thank you for reading this, even though it's very off from how ST actually is. But uhhh yeah I can't bring myself to write anymore chapters. My Mike tolerance has run out unfortunately.
But I had a lot of fun seeing all your reactions and comments I love you guys.
If you want please go check out my other books and I can't decide what my next book should be so just what LHC2 for like any teasers.
Thank you for reading and supporting me,
Lots of love xoxo