21

[ Y/n ]

I caressed Mike's hair softly, holding his hand tightly.

No one will tell me anything still.

His breathing changed patterns frequently. Sometimes you couldn't tell if he was breathing at all, other times it was quick short breaths.

He's still here...

He's still here but... But he's not here.

I got up, walking over to the door to listen to them talking.

"Well he's not fully there. He's just there... Mentally? How does that make any sense?"

"I don't fucking know but you saw the writing. You see him in that bed. Mike is here. But... But if he dies there-"

"He dies here."

I turned back to Mike, walking back over to the bed. I sat down next to him and went back to holding his hand.

"It's ok Mike... You're ok."

.  .  .

Everyone had gone to their rooms, letting me stay with Mike for the night. I sang his favorite songs and played with his hair just how he liked.

I did everything I could to comfort him.

He started breathing rapidly which always made me panic. I grabbed his face as he started to have a seizure.

Shit.

Shit, shit, shit!

I looked around for a moment before leaning in and pressing my lips onto his.

There was a sharp pain in my throat only for a moment.

[ Steve ]

Y/n left the room and I assumed she'd probably had enough misery with him.  It's a pretty sad sight.

I walked into the room to watch him now, make sure Mike stays alive.

He sat up with a loud gasped, coughing loudly. I ran over to his aid as he thrashed around for a moment. "Mike! Mike! You're safe! You're safe."

"Y/n..." his voice came out low and scratchy as he spoke.

"It's going to take Y/n."