10

[ Mike ]

Lucas and Dustin talked about what happened to Max.. Something she'd seen or something that happened. My head felt like it couldn't handle anymore and finally... The bell.

I practically ran out of the room to the lunchroom. Some days I felt like I wanted to beat the shit out of Eddie but I know he and Y/n...

They just want to hurt me.

That's it.

I grabbed some food from the shelves, tossing it all onto the tray before walking over to the Hellfire table. I sat down and started eating my food.

Part of me left the things I didn't enjoy for Y/n because I knew she liked it. But she wasn't going to take the food anymore.

"Calm down skinny boy." Jared laughed.

"Shut the fuck up fatass."

Everyone turned to me and I clenched my jaw.

"What's the tension?" Eddie sat down with a big grin on his face and the shimmer of Y/n's favorite lip gloss on his neck.

They just want to hurt me.

Just don't get mad Mike.

Eddie's eyes were on me while I ate the last of my food. I tried to ignore him as best as I could. "Mike's in a bad mood." Jared muttered.

"What's wrong Micheal?" Eddie pressed.

Dustin sat down next to me, glancing over at me like he wanted to talk. "Nothing." I spat. Just shut up and leave me alone.

Just shut up everyone just shut up.

Where does Y/n sit at lunch now?

I turned around and my eyes followed one person to the next until I found her. Her pretty smile flashing at the group of cheerleaders.

They all seemed to be getting along well but when Max walked by, Y/n got up and tapped her shoulder.

The two talked for a moment before Y/n put her arm around Max's shoulder and the two left the lunchroom.

"No way..." Dustin whispered.

"What?"

"She's been... Like refusing to talk to anyone." He continued, referring to Max.

"Well she's always been good at making people feel better." I turned back to my food, staring at the strawberries that she usually takes.

"Gonna eat those?"

I looked up at Steven who was pointing at my strawberries.

"Just take them."

.  .  .

I spent my passing period in the library now, trying to study and maybe figure out something about this thing.