7

[ Y/n ]

Mike is so absent again...

I just can't seem to get him to even look at me anymore. "Mike..?"

"Y/n not now this is important."

It's been important for the past four hours. We haven't had a single conversation. Since I've come over. This is how it's been for the past few weeks too.

He was drawing out some stupid monster for his stupid game.

"Mike you aren't giving me any attention anymore." I commented.

"Because it's not important right now. Ok?"

"Mike I just want to be with you-"

"You are with me! You just have to let me focus!"

"Why do I even bother coming over if you're just going to be rude and distracted every time..."

"Then stop coming over Y/n."

I was hurt by his comment but I wasn't going to leave just yet.

"Really Mike? Do you want me here? You make such a big fucking deal about walking me across the street then as soon as the door closes I'm like a ghost Mike."

"Y/n, let me focus or leave."

"No! I came here to hang out with-"

"OK WELL IF YOU NEED A GOOD REASON TO LEAVE THEN I'M BREAKING UP WITH YOU! JUST GET OUT Y/N FOR FUCKS SAKE!"

I sat there in shock for a moment before grabbing my crutches and helping myself up the stairs. I opened the door and hurried out of the house as quickly as I could.

His entire family sat there staring at me crying as I left.

How humiliating.

[ Mike ]

I stared at the paper in my hands for a moment as the tears built up in my eyes. I heard someone coming down the stairs but didn't bother to look up at who it was.

"Mike?"

Holly came and sat next to me, laying her head on my arm.

"Don't cry."

She reached up and wiped some of my tears away.

I bent down, hugging Holly.

She hugged me back tightly, whispering how it was ok and I was such a good big brother.

But really I'm not.

It isn't ok.

I shouldn't have done that, I don't understand where that came from.

Holly let go and I got up, running out of the basement. "Mike Wheeler you go apologize to that girl." My mom scolded as I ran through the kitchen.