14

[ Mike ]

In the end, Y/n broke up with Eddie to come back for me. He'd done some more damage to me but I had left a pretty nasty bruise that covered a big part of his face for a while.

I really don't want things to be bad between us.

Really.

I want to be friends with Eddie so bad. He's so cool and he's a nice guy. I really hope I didn't fuck it up too bad between us.

Y/n sat next to me watching the tv drowsily. "We can go to bed if you want." I smiled at her as I studied her face.

Each little detail that made her so beautiful etched into my mind. Everything that made me want to hold her and not let her go.

"Sure, Mike."

I turned the tv off while she got up and brought herself upstairs.

I was cleaning up a little when a familiar feeling started in my throat. I looked around wide eyed for a moment before the feeling was gone.

I took a deep breath to be sure before shaking my head.

Probably just phantom pains.

I swiftly made my way upstairs to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling of being alone in my dark living room.

I opened the door and Y/n looked back, holding her shirt against her chest before smiling. I studied her bare back for the moment it showed before she put on one of my tank tops.

She crawled into my bed, careful not to twist up the small gauze wrapped around her leg. She was almost healed. My nose was healed enough to not need a bandaid now too.

Just a small scab remained.

I pulled my shirt and pants off before getting into bed next to Y/n.

Her arms snaked around my waist as she placed herself closer to me. I embraced her tightly so glad to have her back in my bed.

This is where she belongs.

Honestly.

It's her and I forever.

. . .

"Mike... Mike."

Holly lightly shook me for a moment before my eyes slowly opened. "What's up?" I asked, looking around.

Y/n shifted before rolling over and continuing to sleep.

"Holly it's late."

"There's something scary in my room." She whispered.

I sighed but got out of bed, taking her hand and walking back to her room with her. She shook her head as we got to the door, tugging on my arm.

"Don't go in. He's still there."

I looked back at her and suddenly my entire body felt terrified. Absolutely petrified of what was in her room. Part of me knew it was likely something from the upside down taunting her.