9

[ Mike ]

Dustin and Lucas went home around midnight so I planned on just going straight to bed but when I went into my room I could see Y/n's light on from my window.

She's usually asleep by now unless she's with me though...

I stood by my window for a moment before seeing her sit down on her bed.

I miss you so much.

Then, another person. I stood there for a moment watching him kiss her before it clicked.

Eddie?

Since when... When did they... How long..? Does she really like him? No... No she just wants to hurt me. I know what she's doing and I can't give into this bullshit now.

I closed my blinds even though it was the last thing I wanted to do so I could change and finally go to sleep.

[ Y/n ]

"He closed them."

"What?" I stood up and looked out the window with Eddie.

"Damnit... Do you think we hurt his feelings?" I asked.

"Isn't that what you're trying to do?"

I shook my head, looking at Mike's window. Maybe he'll open them again...

But he didn't.

Eddie hugged my waist, telling me he was going to head home. "You should stay here. It's late." I mumbled.

"What? What about your parents?"

"They work over the weekends. They won't even know you were here. Just gotta sleep in." I smiled.

Eddie leaned in, pressing a kiss onto my lips.

Maybe I miss Mike's touch but kissing Eddie felt good.

There were times when I closed my eyes I almost thought it was Mike.

Eddie pulled away, tugging his shirt off. I looked at the tattoos on his body while he pulled his pants off.

"Very intense watched, huh?"

I shook my head, getting under the covers.

"I've never seen someone with tattoos before."

"Well Hawkins is just a little sheltered... Isn't it?"

I shrugged and he laid down next to me. We laid there awkwardly for a moment before I shifted over closer to him.

"Eddie..."

"Yeah?"

"I... I've been having nightmares recently." I whispered, embarrassed to be admitting it.

"It's ok... I'll help you with them... Anything I can do." He kissed my head and I nodded.

"Thanks."

.  .  .

[ Mike ]

I pulled my bike down the driveway when Eddie came out of the house. I stopped and looked at him for a moment before he noticed me.

"Oh... Shit. Hey Wheeler."

I got on my bike, ignoring him.

"Mike, come on... I don't want any bad blood-"

"There isn't any. I broke up with her."

I biked off past him, towards Dustin's house. My tears blurred my vision so when I was far enough away I stopped to wipe them away.

She just wants to make you jealous Mike.

Focus on keeping her safe.

.  .  .

When I came back home, Y/n was out getting the mail. I stopped my bike next to her, getting off of it to talk to her.

"Y/n."

She sighed, trying not to look at me.

"I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm just trying... I'm trying to keep you safe."

"From what Mike?! You are always hiding something from me! It's so... It's so fucking annoying!"

I grabbed her face but realized I couldn't kiss her.

Y/n stared at me, her eyes occasionally flicking down to my lips.

"I just want to keep you safe. Give me a few weeks..."

She shook her head and her lip started to quiver. Damnit. Damnit, damnit, damnit. I can't. I can't stand seeing her crying.

"It's ok." I whispered.

"Mike I'm really scared! What happened to you on the street? What happened to me? Why can't I look in the mirror without seeing that monster? Why is everyone dying? Why do you have nightmares so much? Mike please, please tell me. Please."

My chest got tight as her tears fell and she held my wrists desperately.

But I know I can't tell her.

"It'll all be ok soon... I swear."

I kissed her forehead before grabbing my bike and walking over to my house.

Y/n shouted at me to come back. To tell her what was going on. Eddie came out and grabbed her, trying to carry her back inside.

I shut the front door, leaning against it.

"What did you do to that sweet girl?"

I looked over at my mom before continuing up to my room.