16

[ Mike ]

Everyone sat around the table, interested in the game. Eddie hadn't said anything to me since the bleachers.

Jared rolled the dice and Eddie unenthusiastically read out what his choices were.

Everyone groaned a little, which caught Eddie's attention.

"What?" He asked.

Everyone looked back at each other to see who would say it.

"It's not fun when you're so nonchalant." I finally spoke up for them.

Eddie's eyes stared into me like he wanted a bullet in my head.

"Nonchalant? At least I know how to set up the board."

"I know how to set up the board. There's no reason for me to spend my study hall putting these stupid pieces in place when I could do it after school!"

"So your period is better spent fucking Y/n under the bleachers?"

Everyone's eyes turned to me and my cheeks heated up.

"We weren't even close to fucking. Were you looking for us?" I scoffed.

"Looking for you? You think what you do in your sad little day has any importance to me?"

"Well it's just weird that you showed up-"

"I was going to meet someone in the woods past the bleachers but Y/n was obviously freezing and the best you could do was offer her a jacket-"

"There was no reason to tell me how I set up the board isn't good enough when it's-"

"Pathetic? When it's lazily thrown into place?"

"Can you just admit you're so fucking jealous Y/n loves me?!"

Eddie stood up and I shut my mouth out of pure fear of what he was going to do.

Instead of saying anything, he got off the stage and left the theater.

Everyone turned to me and I looked around at the group.

"You stole his girlfriend?" Someone whispered.

"SHE WAS MY GIRLFRIEND FIRST!"

I got up too but went into the back, just needing to cool off for a second.

[ Dustin ]

Everyone then looked at me because I was Mike's friend. "Hey, I have... Really no idea what is going on. Mike doesn't tell me much." I laughed.

"Are we going to finish the campaign?"

People started talking to each other about what to do so I excused myself to go check on Mike.

"Mike?"

I looked around backstage to find where he had run off to.

"Mike come on man... It's wasn't that bad." I tried.

I heard a noise from my right and quickly turned to it.

"Mike?"

I swallowed hard as I walked over to the noise, slowly pushing a box out of the way. My eyes widened as I got on the floor.

"Mike?!"

He was having a seizure and a large black shape too familiar to be anything else slowly moved down his throat.

"I'm really sorry Mike." I whispered as I reached my hand into his mouth.