18

[ Mike ]

"One. Hour." Nancy whispered before shutting my door.

I turned to Y/n, running over to embrace her. She laughed and grabbed my face to kiss me. "What is going on? Are you sick?" Y/n smiled.

My entire body dropped for a moment before shaking my head.

"Just in trouble for staying out late." I lied.

She sighed, rolling her eyes and starting a lecture on how I need to be more responsible. I listened happily. Just glad she was here. With me.

Finally with me again.

Y/n was so oblivious part of me wanted to explain it to her.

Instead I grabbed her, pulling her towards me. Y/n's lips met mine and I finally got a taste of her tongue again. Fuck.

She shifted into my lap to get better access to me.

God she's so perfect.

Why does this fucked up shit have to be happening to me? I just want to be able to fuck her without people waiting outside my door for me to have a seizure.

Y/n kissed me like she missed me. I kissed her back just as passionately because I missed her and I wasn't sure if I would ever see her again after this.

"Y/n... I love you." I whispered, pulling away to look at her.

"I love you too."

"If... If I go missing don't go looking. Let them do it. Don't go near anything they're doing-"

"Are you planning on going missing?" She smiled anxiously.

"Y/n. I need you to listen."

She was scared. I could see it in her eyes, I was scaring her.

"Mike... I don't want to think like that. Stop it."

"Listen to me. Y/n, you can't get involved. No matter what stay away. I swear... I swear I'll come back to you please don't get involved. It's for your own safety."

"Mike-"

I felt that same feeling I had before the first blackout. The freezing cold engulfing me. The air suddenly becoming sour and thin.

I kissed her one last time before stumbling out of the room.

[ Narrator ]

Steve caught Mike as he collapsed outside of him room, quickly carrying him to the bathtub.

Y/n came out to see where Mike had gone but was rushed out of the house by Max, who offered to stay with her.

Nancy, Steve, and Dustin watched intently for Mike to stop seizing. After several minutes he finally did.

But this time, unlike the last, he didn't wake up.