4

[ Mike ]

I feel like shit.

I hurt Y/n's feelings, Eddie is relying on me, and I haven't spoken to any of my friends in days.

I've been working fucking tirelessly on this campaign. I want to show him how good I am. It's just like it used to be... Right?

I sat back against the couch and dropped my pencil.

My body hurts.

I should go get Y/n... But Eddie said...

What he doesn't know won't hurt him right?

I just really want this to be good.

I'll just call her.

I got up and walked over to the phone. I picked it up, dialing her number and leaning against the wall.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Y/n/n. How are you?"

"I'm ok, Mike. I washed your shirt if that's what you want-"

"Nah it's ok, I can get another if you want it..." She sounds just so... Like she's holding back. Not herself.

"How's your nose, Mike?"

Honestly it hurts a lot. Holly accidentally touched it and I threw up on her because of the pain but I couldn't tell her that so all I said was, "Better. Thanks to you."

Y/n giggled and I smiled widely. I just want her here laying in my lap. "I'm just working on the next campaign... I- I promise to invite you over when I'm taking a break."

"It's ok if you wanna focus Mike... Just for today though right?"

"Uh... Well I don't know how long I'll be occupied for... Eddie wants me to take over Hellfire so I gotta make everything good you know?"

"Oh, ok. Uh bye Mike."

She hung up on me and I stood with the phone against my ear for a moment. I slammed it back onto its place and hit the wall when I finally did move.

I walked back over to the couch, sitting down and getting back to work.

Just put all your effort into this Mike...

Make it worth it.

. . .

"Mike, mom said to bring you this."

Holly came over with a plate, setting it on an empty part of the table. She sat down next to me, looking at all my notes.

"You like this game?" She asked.

"Yeah, been playing it for a long time."

She nodded and looked over at the character page.

"Can you help me make one!?" She asked, grabbing my arm. Honestly I knew I was busy but I haven't spoken to anyone but Y/n and now her today and I was craving some form of interaction.