Chapter 39:Battle at the Port

Start from the beginning

Magath: "Maybe. So, Yelena, I'll ask this one last time. Where is the Founder headed??"

Yelena: "As I said, I don't know. Even if I did, why would I tell you??"

Magath: "You taught Yeager everything about the mainland. He likely planned the rumbling beforehand. You must know something."

Yelena: "Bastard."

Magath: "Huh??"

Yelena: "Why should I cooperate with Marlian bastards like you??"

Magath: "Because if you don't, you'll die."

Jean: "It's no use. She wants to die."

Conny: "Weren't you fighting Marley to save your homeland?? Don't you care if it gets crushed??"

Onyankopon: "Yelena..."

Magath: "She doesn't. I'll tell you why. She's a Marlian bastard too." The Cart Titan made its way around the camp and laid down behind Yelena.

Cart Titan: "You sure got the better of us in Liberio, Yelena. Looking into your background was quite a shock. Although an ordinary Marlian, ever since you met Zeke, you pretended to be from a country annexed by Marley. Disappointed with Marley, you built your own story. A fairytale about you saving the world with your prince, piling on the lies to carve your place in history. Your passion is to be admired."

Yelena:" 'save the world.' Are there any words more sweet and enticing?? The noble deed of saving millions of whispers to your hearts. You gobble it up as if to wash down the taste of hate. That's what I see looking at you. Well, most of you at least. Should I jog your memories??"Yelena gave a stare to Marlo which made Hitch give a quick glare to Armin.

Hitch thoughts: "Let's hope Armin picks up on this."

Armin's thoughts: "Hmm I think Hitch is trying to tell me something. Oh, wait!! What she said earlier!! She is right that Marlo is acting strange. The simple fact that Yelena has picked up on it as well as troublesome."

Yelena: "Reiner Braun. Just how many Eldians were eaten by Titans because you broke down the wall?? Oh, as for the Paradise Islanders...Marlo Freudenberg and Hitch Dreyse. How many MPs and high ranking members of Eldia have you both killed?? Not all of them were corrupt but you just found them 'inconvenient' or troublesome. Also, to think such a sensible person would wreak such havoc on the port, Armin. If you include all those civilians, you've built a mountain of corpses. Let's not forget everyone's heroic act's in Liberio...especially Jean's. You courageously fired a Thunder Spear at Falco while aiming for the Cart Titan. Also, Gabi over there was the one who shot and killed Sasha. Sasha was such a sweet girl, even I was saddened. But you all had been together as a family since you were cadets. Your grief must be immense." Jean finished his meal and looked up at Hange.

Jean: "It's good, Hange. Got any more??"

Hange: "Yeah. There's plenty left."

Jean: "Thanks, Yelena. You wanna get it all out in the open so we can sort things out, right?? It's a shame you blew your buddy's head off for your failed fantasy. And it's a shame you've got a death wish now. But how thoughtful of you."

Yelena: "Ah, I almost forgot. What was the name of your friend that you mentioned to me before?? Oh, right...Marco. You said that Y/n was somehow involved with his death. Have you found out the entire truth about his death??"

Jean: "Why...why does Marco matter?? Y/n mentioned something that he had to back in the battle of Shiganshina."

Reiner: "No. y/n should never have been involved."

Jean: "Huh??"

Reiner: "I and Bertholdt were having a private conversation. Marco however, overheard what we were talking about. So, to keep up the act, I tackled him to a nearby rooftop. Annie came over after hearing the commotion and landed on the same rooftop. I ordered that she strip him of his ODM gear as a sign of loyalty to our cause. However, Y/n would then make his appearance. He took off Marco's ODM gear so Annie didn't have to. I didn't know it at the time but he must've found out about our identities. Most likely wondering why Annie would suddenly disappear ever so often."