Chapter 39:Battle at the Port

Disclaimer:
When in Titan forms, I will address them not by their names but by their Titan.
End of Disclaimer

Continuation of the conversation in the Forest:

Magath: "Where is Yeager headed first??"

Yelena: "I don't know. You have those two who work directly under him." Magath gave a blank expression but Yelena was smart enough to read him. "It appears that there are still secrets that should be told." The Cart Titan looked at Marlo who had his normal serious expression.

Cart Titan: "Who is this one here?? I recognise the female as Hitch Dreyse. Annie would often speak about your 'outlandish' personality."

Hitch: "I'm honoured."

Marlo: "My name is Marlo Freudenberg. I'm the head of the anti-personnel squad in the Military Police. I'm also head military governor of Stohess."

Cart Titan: "Why does someone with so many roles come out here??"

Marlo: "Let's not forget that there's one of the top Generals of the Marlian army here as well. By any chance, my actions reflect what Y/n wants."

Cart Titan: "Must be a very important person in his organisation then."

Marlo: "Second in command. I take it you already knew about Y/n though right??"

Cart Titan: "I was suspicious about Annie's father's death but I never pushed it. Tell me, is he still alive??" Marlo looked at the Cart Titan and gave a little chuckle.

Marlo: "He warned me that you were an intuitive one. But yes, you are correct."

Cart Titan: "I'm surprised Annie let him come over here. She was always so protective and jealous of those she loved."

Hitch: "She had Y/n though so she was alright."

Magath: "However, Y/n was on the mainland no??"

Hitch: "Yes but if anything would happen to Mr Leonhart, he'd kill everyone who would've been involved in hurting the guy. Y/n is the far scarier guy than Eren is."

Hange: "Why is that?? Eren is the one with the rumbling and the power of the Titan's right??"

Marlo:*chuckle*"How naive. The truth is that even without the rumbling, Y/n and his plan would still go through. He'd just use far bloodier means." The whole group went silent.

Mikasa: "So... you are telling me...even if Eren stayed on our side... genocide was inevitable??" No one said anything but Marlo just gave a simple nod.

Jean: "This world is truly screwed up." Another moment passed in silence with everyone just staring at the ground.

Armin: "No...I don't believe that to be true."

Marlo: "Why is that??"

Armin: "His experiences led him to his conclusion that genocide was the best way to save the world. Whenever he found out about the rumbling, however, is what led him to a deeper hole of despair."

Jean: "Now you mention it, he was open to helping us. If we can get up there fast enough, we can get him to stop Eren."

Cart Titan: "The founder's powers are mostly unknown. Eren may have the power of all the previous powers. He might spawn them and stop us from proceeding anywhere close to him. I also doubt that Y/n and Annie will be much of a threat up there compared to them."

Marlo:*sigh*"No, Jean is right. Y/n is many things but his pride will make it so that he's involved in the battle. Fighting with or against us." The group went silent again but Magath seemed to switch the attention back to Yelena.