Chapter 8: Graduation

Year 851:

Time in cadet corps 2 years 9 months 3 weeks:

Y/n thoughts: "1 week to graduation huh?? Feels like it's gone by so fast." It was late at night and you just had a long day of final training. You were coming up to your final exams to see where you would graduate in your class. You never said it out loud but you always planned to join the military police. Even though you killed your mother, you wanted to work for them and eventually find out the truth. Alternatively, you would go down a lot bloodier path.

As you were pondering it you picked up the blade the blacksmith made for you back when you went to Trost.

Y/n thoughts:" I wonder what he's doing now??" You got up from your bed and headed down the bunk. You realised Berthold and Reiner were gone.

Y/n thoughts: "It's not like them to be up this late. I'll go look for them to see if something going on."

You left the cabin and started walking around. You remember every inch of this place. Every nook and cranny. You would come out like this offer to think about everything.

As you were walking you heard distant chatter past the gates that led to the forest. You walked over there knowing it was a campfire in that direction and wondered if Berthold and Reiner were there.

Y/n thoughts: "Hmmm I wonder what they're doing here." You leaned up against the wooden wall just close enough to hear what they were talking about.

Berthold: "It's been 3 years in the military and we're nowhere closer to where we were 6 years ago."

Reiner: "I know it's stressful Berthold and it's hard on the mind. But we signed up to fight for Marley, didn't we?? We're warriors so we better think like we are to accomplish our mission." As Reiner finished his sentence a hooded figure came out of the woods.

Reiner: "Annie is that you??" The hooded figure then took off its hood to reveal Annie.

Reiner: "Found anything out Annie??"

Annie: "No. while I've been busting my ass you guys have been playing with your friends."

Reiner: "They're not our friends Annie." He said this leaning down to her level. "But it wouldn't hurt to earn their trust. I mean you seem to get along with y/n pretty good."

Annie: "Y/n is different. Also, get your face away from mine before I'm sick." Reiner then returned to his seat.

Reiner:" I'm sorry you have to be this way, Annie."

Annie: "Do you have any idea on how to draw out the founder Reiner??"

Reiner: "Yeah. We break down the wall in Trost district."

Annie: "Your friends will die though? Want that to happen?" Reiner just ignored her comment.

Reiner: "Well we should rest up for the ceremony tomorrow." They just nodded and stood up to walk away.

Y/n thoughts: "Huh. Well, shit. That's a lot to handle." He heard Berthold talking to them about something but he walked away just in case they saw him. He walked to the hand-to-hand combat yard and was debating on what to do.

Y/n thoughts: "Why does it have to be you three? I never gave a shit about these people who died but still. There are all the people closest to me."

Annie's POV:

Annie was walking back to the woman's dorm when she noticed y/n in the hand-to-hand combat yard. She made her way to him to see if he was alright.

Annie: "Y/n you alright?"