Chapter 3: Cadet Corps

TIMESKIP:

It was a couple of days after you met Reiner and the others. You saw Eren and Mikasa comforting Armin who was holding his grandad's straw hat.

Y/n: "Hey you guys alright?"

Eren: "Hey y/n." He said in a low mellow tone.

Y/n thoughts: "Well his grandfather was sent out with the others so hopefully he can grow a bit now." You were surprised by your lack of sympathy but then realised you never really cared about anyone after your mom's death.

Eren was going on about something and you were just in your world till he mentioned "I'm going to join the military and drive all the Titans." A face of determination came upon his face.

Armin and Mikasa both nodded and both said they would join too.

Eren: "Y/n are you joining the military??"

Y/n: "Yh I am. Decided a while back actually." You thought about mentioning the others but you knew introducing more people would just make things messier.

TIMESKIP:

Biography of y/n:

Age 13:

Height: slightly shorter than Reiner.

Body build: average build but has broad shoulders and abnormally strong legs

Likes:

•being left alone
•prefers to be the bigger man in an argument
•people who can be cold and calculated but also have a human side to them

Hates:

•idealistic thinking
•military police
•being told what to do by others

Strengths:

•His cold and calculated mind makes him a leader in certain situations and also a ruthless killer
•he has a determination to live for himself and those he cares about giving him a human side
•his technique in using quick barges and powerful hits to throw off his enemies' fighting styles

Weaknesses:

•his lack of sympathy and hatred of idealistic views comes off as being an asshole creating conflict with others
•his emotions can get ahold of him making him strong and ruthless in his rage but doesn't pay much attention to who or what he's killing

During the cadet's inauguration, you saw Annie, Berthold and Reiner who also seemed to see you. During these years you've become closer with them than Eren, Mikasa and Armin since they always seemed too soft. Armin seriously annoyed you since he always refused to fight and was too focused on his ideals.

TIMESKIP:

Y/n: "She's so stupid for eating a potato during the inauguration." You put your hand on your head in shock at her stupidity.

Marco: "I know but wasn't it a bit cruel the punishment she got??"

Y/n: "Nah. Idiots don't deserve pity in my eyes. Hey Marco, you wanna join the military police don't you?"

Marco: "Yeah!! Wouldn't it be cool to be so close to the king himself!!"

You just looked at him and scoffed.

Y/n thoughts: "The king can kiss my ass all I care!!"

You walked into the canteen to get some food and sat next to Annie opposite Reiner and Berthold.

Reiner: "What do you think so far Y/n."

Y/n: "Just a bunch of morons if I'm honest." You heard a slight giggle to the left as you saw Annie laugh at what you said.

Reiner: "Wow y/n you made Annie laugh." Her smile quickly faded away as she death glared at Reiner.

Y/n: "Well anyway how do you guys feel this place is going to go."

Berthold: "If there are a bunch of morons as you say they are I believe as long as we're all together it'll go fine."

You all agreed as you ate your fill of food for the night. After you had eaten you decided to go ahead of the rest of them and walk around to get some fresh air.

Y/n thoughts: "Finally some quiet." As you were walking around you noticed a blonde-haired girl who was even smaller than Annie and looked innocent.

You saw she had the potato girl on her lap sleeping. You walked over to see what was going on.

Y/n: "How's potato girl??"

???:" She's ok just worn out. Poor things have been running for hours."

Y/n: "Anyway what's your name??"

???: "Christa Lenz."

Y/n:" Huh like that big-hearted girl from that book am I right?"

Christa: "Yh!! Surprised you would know that." She smiled at you.

Y/n thoughts: "Hmm she's pretty cute, to be honest, but she seems a bit made up to me."

???: "You trying to chat up this lovely girl."You turned around to see a tall freckled-faced girl with dark brown hair.

Y/n: "Who are you." You said slightly annoyed at her statement

???: "I'm Ymir and how are you." She said with a snarky remark.

Y/n: "Names y/n. Y/n L/n."

Ymir: "We should probably take her back to the cabin before Shades sees us with her."

Y/n: "Fine. I'll take her. Just show me to her bed and the girl's cabin."

You then picked her up and started to walk to the girl's cabin.

Y/n thoughts: "This is gonna be super awkward."

As Ymir and Christa walked through the door you got dirty looks from some of the girls as you were carrying Sasha on your shoulder.

Y/n: "Is this her bunk?"

Ymir: "Yeah just place her down right there."

As you did so you turned around to see a different blonde-haired girl with a slightly pissed face.

Y/n: "Oh hey Annie. Everything alright?"

Annie: "What are you doing in here? Shouldn't you be in the boy's dorm and not with these two girls!?"

Y/n: "Umm...Haha, Yh I guess you're right." You said in a nervous tone as you walked out. You turned around to see a still-angry Annie slamming the door as you left.

Y/n thoughts: "I wonder what her problem is??"

As you entered the boy's dorm you realised that Jean had heard what was going on as he was by the dorm and you entered.

Jean: "Well y/n. Seem like a lady's man don't you." He said with a smirk on his face.

Y/n: "Not as much as you." You said in a sarcastic tone.

Annie's POV:

Annie was lying down in her bed while the other girls chatted below her.

Annie thought:" How long do I have to be on this stupid island till I can come back home and see my dad." She then thought about Reiner, Berthold and y/n.

Annie's thoughts: "Maybe I'm too harsh on them. Especially y/n. He's so cynical all the time. He must hate this place more than any of us. But why was he with the Christa girl and carrying Sasha for!! Don't know why I'm so angry at him but why'd it have to be like the cutest girl here in Christa he had to be with." She slowly then nodded off to sleep thinking about her mission.