Chapter 5: First year of Training

7 months after a concussion from Annie:

For today's training, Shadis decided it would be a good idea to send us into the forest for the night. During the 3 months, nothing happened apart from getting closer to Ymir.

Y/n: "Man this is so boring why do you have to be here."

Ymir: "HaHa!! Who knew you were just a crybaby y/n." You didn't pay much attention to her comment as you saw Annie in the corner of your eye looking at you two. You proceeded to walk to her to see if everything was alright.

Y/n: "You alright Annie??"

Annie: "Hmmm oh it's you y/n. Yeah, I'm ok." There was an awkward silence before you broke the silence.

Y/n: "Hey do you want to have a quick walk with me."

Annie: "What we haven't walked enough already today?"

Y/n:" Well it's been a while since we've been able to talk without all the people around."

Annie: "Alright if you want to." She then proceeded to get up and told you to walk ahead. You realised that during these months of training, you missed spending time with Annie and the others.

Y/n: "Hey Annie can I ask why you're always staring at me when I'm with Ymir." As you said you guys came up on a lookout over a cliff.

Annie: "I don't know what you're talking about y/n!!" As she said this her cheeks slowly began to turn red. "I do it so you don't think about doing something stupid."

Y/n: "Like what??" You said in an emotionless tone.

Annie: "I don't know. You're a guy so you'll think of something indecent to do." You guys paused talking for a second taking in the beautiful view. You were more focused on Annie though and her beautiful figure and face.

Annie: "What is it y/n??"

Y/n: "Oh...It's nothing." You are not the one to normally get flustered. "I just think you are really beautiful Annie." As you said you noticed her looking at you as well.

Annie's POV:

Annie's thoughts: "Did y/n just call me beautiful...and he's blushing as well. I never realised how serious but pretty y/n eyes were. He was also pretty handsome if I'm honest with myself. Wait what Annie get your head back into focus."

Annie: "So why are we here really y/n??"

Y/n:" Well I just had an idea."

Annie: "Hmmm and what's that??"

Y/n: "This is my idea."

Y/n POV:

You quickly lunged at Annie trying to catch her off guard. You were only successful in pissing her off, however.

Y/n:" I think I deserve some payback for that concussion you gave me."

Annie: "Oh really. Well, you're gonna have to try harder than just lunging at me again.

You knew that you couldn't lunge at her so you instead decided to change up your plan by moving in close to her as fast as you could and using your overwhelming strength to your advantage. This would stop her from using her kicks and her grapples but would leave you wide open to her punches.

Y/n thoughts: "She's very fast and her small size is an adventure in close combat to my considerably bigger size."

You then proceeded to use the new method you came up with and surprised yourself and her by getting in close and German suplexed her.

Y/n: "That's 1:0 to me."

After Annie got up she looked at you with a determination on her face.

Annie: "If you want to play dirty then I'll play dirty." As she said that your cocky face slowly turned into a frightening glair.

As Annie began to make her attack you put our hands up to stop her kicking flying kick. Instead, you got a sharp and sudden pain in your groin.

Y/n: "OWWWW!! Right in my manhood. Annie??" As you said that you were on the floor silently weeping in pain. As you slowly crept up a feeling of great determination came over you.

Y/n: "You're going to get it now." You guys started sparring for a whole 15 minutes. During this time the people from the camp came up to see where we went. They were watching mesmerised by the speed of Annie and the strength you had.

Ymir: "What did you do now y/n? You guys having a couple of disputes." Ymir started laughing at her joke but you just ignored her. You then realised that Annie was put off by her comment.

Y/n thoughts: "Now's my chance." As you saw your opening, you put your right arm around the back of her neck and put your left arm on her thigh. You then proceeded to hoist her on your shoulders and slam her to the ground.

Y/n: "Haha I won!!" As you got up you saw her blushing immensely embarrassed. "You alright Annie?"

Annie then proceeded to get up and gave the people-watching death glares. This made them all retreat to the tents.

Annie: "You know I hate to lose." She then started to pant as you walked over to her.

Annie: "You just coming over here to patronise me now." As she finished her sentence she was embraced in a large hug.

"Y/n.......What's this about??" She said blushing

Y/n: "Thank you for always looking out for me Annie. I know it might not mean as much to you as it does to me. But I'm happy you're here with me." As you said that you felt her put her head on your chest.

Annie: "No. Thank you y/n for being so honest all the time and being a true friend to me." As she said this tears started going down her face.

Y/n: "What's wrong Annie."

Annie:" I feel like I'm trapped and surrounded by morons all the time. I just want to go home and live my life away from everyone."

Y/n thoughts: "Hmm what home? Is she talking about Shiganshina?"

She proceeded to pull away from you and started to walk back to the tents. You were dazed and confused by her statement.

Y/n thoughts: "What's going on Annie??"