Chapter 22:The Sea

When you woke up you saw that Reiner was already out of the tent. You looked back at the camp fire and saw that it was burning a little bit.

Reiner:"Have a rough night y/n??"

Y/n:"No why??" You looked around and saw that Ymir had moved right next to you during the night.

Reiner:"You sure??"

Y/n:"Oh no. Let's hope Annie doesn't see."

Annie:"See what??" You got started as you still thought she was in deep sleep.

Y/n:"Oh it's nothing." Annie tried to get up but you pulled her back down.

Annie:"Y/n what's that for?!"

Y/n:"We have a long day so just relax a bit longer."

Ymir:"Hey can you two stop fighting. I'm trying to sleep." You felt a shiver go down your back as you felt the area you were in go suddenly cold and emotionless. Annie realised what you were trying to hide and just silently got up.

Annie:"Ymir can you get away from y/n for me??"

Ymir:"Huh oh sorry. I move a lot when I'm sleeping." Ymir got up and you followed not long after.

Y/n:"Got any eye of Pieck yet Reiner??"

Reiner:"No but we should get packing soon. We have some crackers left over so we'll have them for breakfast. I'll go wake up Bertholdt. Oh try not to piss off Annie anymore then you have alright." You just chuckled and walked over to the fire. You kicked out the last remain flame and kicked the ash off the wall.

Timeskip:

You and the group packed up everything in the camp. Reiner kept a close eye on Ymir during the whole thing as he still didn't trust her entirely. Bertholdt was put on watch for Zeke as you and Annie did the majority of the packing.

Y/n:"See anything Bertholdt."

Bertholdt:"Not yet. How's packing going??"

Y/n:"We're all ready to go. Don't think Ymir's happy though. Reiners kept her in his sight all day."

Bertholdt:"Yeah he's normally like that."

Y/n:"What you mean??"

Bertholdt:"He flips from being from being a soldier to being a warrior. He's been doing it for the past 3 years."

Y/n:"Hmmm it did come across after I found out you guys were titan his soldier like he always was came off as strange."

Bertholdt:"Yeah he was even conflicted when we captured Eren."

Y/n:" I don't know what to say. He should be better now that he is only with the warrior unit."

Bertholdt:"Yeah I hope so." Bertholdt looked back out to the direction of the sea and saw Pieck and Zeke. He walked over and told Reiner while you walked up to Annie.

Y/n:"Not long now till this mess is over."

Annie:"Yeah but I doubt we'd be sent back to liberio."

Y/n:"Another day and another bullshit thing to do that you don't want to do." Annie chuckled a bit and walked up closer to you.

Annie:"Yes I agree." Annie placed her head into your chest as you begun to stroke her hair.

Y/n:"Well I'm here for you Annie. But tell me this, if you could save your dad from the oppression of Marley would you??"

Annie:"Of course I would." You and Annie just stayed quiet for a couple of seconds before you spoke up.

Y/n:"Tell me Annie do you think you have a choice??"