Chapter 17:Finishing of the favour

You moved away from the door and headed back to where Annie was. Annie pulled the body from under the bed and put it on top of the bed. Annie checked his temperature and his pulse and realised that he died not long ago.

Y/n:"What should we do??"

Annie:"We can't report it. They'll have us in questioning all day then."

Y/n:"So what should we do then??"

Annie:"We have to continue without help from the military police." You just nodded before saying a smirky remark.

Y/n:"Tomorrows date has to be worth it." Annie let out a little chuckle before going back to being serious.

Annie:"How'd hey get so much coderoin anyway?"

Y/n:" Well I knew Carly Stratmann made coderoin but not on this scale. She must've used her dads trading business to get it around. Wouldn't shock me if they would've used her for a ransom."

Annie:"Hmm yeah that's what I thought as well. They mentioned a guy with a red eye was asking about her to the guys at the bar. Maybe he was working with the Kemper for a ransom maybe."

Y/n:"agreed. He must me good too since even all the digging of the corruption I haven't heard of him."

Annie:"Yes I agree. we should get going soon before that guy comes back." You just nodded as Annie wrote an anonymous report to hq about the body. You both walked out and started heading back to the carriage.

Y/n:"Ever felt like you just want a break from everything??"

Annie:"All the time I want a break from everything. But people like me,you and the other two can't have break's."

Y/n:"That I sadly agree with you." You and Annie walked back to the carriage to see to people there. One of them was in a white suit while the other was in a plain red top and black trousers.

Annie:"Hmmm something the matter??" The man in the red top pulled out a gun and pointed it at you and Annie.

Y/n:"So where you planning to take us??" The man in the white suit finally spoke up.

Man in suit:"Somewhere quiet. Get in." The man with the gun then pressed his gun to your head. This pissed off Annie but she knew she couldn't do anything. You didn't have the healing powers that a titan shifter has. You both entered the back of the cabin as Annie was sat by the window and you next to her with the man's gun still pointed to your head.

Y/n:"Let me guess you two are the people asking about Carly in the bar am I right." The man with the suit lifted up his hate and looked at the two.

Man with suit:"Yes we are. Let me introduce myself, I'm wald and there next to you is Lou."

Annie:"I've reported his body to the military police. They'll go looking for us when they see we're not there."

Wald:"No I doubt that. The simple fact that your here right now is enough to realise that they don't know. So tell me why you doing this anyway?"

Annie:"I'm doing a favour for a friend. I hate being in debt to people so I'm doing this for her."

Wald:"Is that so. So I presume kempers dead."

Annie:"Yes. So tell me, why do you want with Carly??"

Wald:"We have her held Ransom for Elliot Stratmann. So we're just waiting for him to pay up. It was going well until Kemper decided to push the ransom this morning."

Y/n thoughts:"So that guy at the house was Kemper then."

Lou:"That ring you have, pass it here." Annie looked at her finger and hesitated to take it off.