Chapter 34:Beginning of the Coup d'état

Y/n:"Hey, Annie, wake up." You got out of your bed and nudged Annie on the should. Her eyes slowly opened and revealed her icy blue eyes. Annie just slowly sat up and got out under the duvet.

Annie:"Are we going to be wearing the military uniforms are do they not trust us enough??" Annie snarled with annoyance at all the precautions and checks the military had made her do.

Y/n:"Yeah I believe they have."

Annie:"What regiment we in??" You walked over to the desk in the corner of the room and picked up the military uniform.

Y/n:"Hmm it appears that we've been in the military police again. We're probably going to be placed under someone like Marlo."

Annie:"I see, so it's like returning to the old days."

Y/n:*chuckle*"I suppose so." Annie walked over to the desk and picked up her uniform. You both got changed and walked out to Marlo rooms. *knock*knock*"You guys awake??" Marlo walked to the door and opened it to let you in.

Marlo:"Yes well I am but Hitch has a bit of a headache." Annie walked to the bed and checked on the half awake Hitch as you talked to Marlo.

Y/n:"Tell me what's happening today??"

Marlo:"Yes sir. We'll be heading out to the local military base which Darius Zachary is at."

Y/n:"What about my unit members??"

Marlo:"There under watch with the volunteers."

Y/n:"Hmm well we're going to need them soon."

Marlo:"What do you plan to use them for??"

Y/n:"Well there on par with your elite squad. I also don't believe that Marley will wait to spring a counter attack."

Marlo:"How do you know that??"

Y/n:"We aren't the only ones with flying airships. I heard that the hizuru had developed a more advanced version but my point still stands."

Marlo:"I'll trust your judgment Y/n." You and Marlo turned and looked at Annie helping Hitch into her uniform.

Hitch:"My oh my how clumsy am I. I got carried away last night."

Marlo:"You should lay off Hitch, it's not very good for you."

Hitch:"I only drink because I'm happy you know."

Marlo:"I know but it's still not good for you." Hitch walked over to Marlo and gave him a half dazed hug.

Annie:"I always knew you were soft Marlo."

Hitch:"Never thought I'd hear the day Annie would tease someone."

Annie:"Yes well I'd never think I'd see the day that you'd care about your job." Hitch laughed and let go of Marlo.

Y/n:"Should we get going??"

Marlo:"Yes well follow me and Hitch. Oh yeah, try not to fall to far behind. It'll look bad on us as we've been assigned to ensure your safety." You and Annie just nodded and followed Marlo and Hitch out of the h.q.

Annie:"Is it just me or is it awfully quiet around here."

Hitch:"Now you mention it it's a bit odd." You looked around the local area and recaptured the memories from when you were a kid.

Y/n:"I remember these streets as if I only lived here yesterday."

Marlo:"Well we thought it easier to keep the roads and streets instead of starting from scratch."

Y/n:"How long did it take you to build all of this area back up??"

Marlo:"3-4 years. Those who moved back into Shiganshina built a lot of this themselves. We just gave them the necessary materials to build back up."