Sisters Keeper

A/N: What the heck here's another one, I feel generous I've just had ice cream cake and have been up for about 40 hours and I might be a bit delusional. 🦹🏻‍♀️

"Sorry, I'm late. I had a bit of an inconvenience," Y/N greets her father, He had asked her to dinner but had not specified what it was for.

"Is everything alright?" He stands up to greet her with a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Of course," She sits down slowly, wincing in pain. "Who is this?" She asks, changing the subject seeing that her father was already looking at her weirdly.

The brunette sat tall beside him, she was beautiful. Her hair was to her shoulders and her eyes a beautiful green. Y/N knew exactly who she was, June had already told her despite her father's request for him not to.

"Right sorry, this is Harley," He introduces.

"It's a pleasure, your father tells me a lot about you," She says holding her hand out, her voice smooth and sweet.

"Only the good things I hope," Y/N laughs, accepting her handshake. "Forgive me for saying that I don't know anything about you."

"Yes well-" He goes on to explain but a woman in a velvet green dress passes by catching her attention, she smiles at Y/N and keeps her gaze on her for as long as possible.

Y/N turns to look at Nat, who stared at her with a deathly glare.

"So Y/N, I heard you're a great tennis partner," Harley says, bringing her back to the conversation.

"Yes, I play at the club all the time," she engages.

June had told her only great things about the charming woman and she was glad to finally talk to her instead of hearing things word of mouth. She was glad her father was comfortable with dating after the many years of not being able to get over his wife's passing.

"Daddy," an all too familiar voice makes her presence known.

"Oh, darling you made it. Harley this is my other daughter Rory," He introduces her.

"Pleasure," Rory holds her hand out to the woman before pulling out the chair to sit next to Y/N. "Baby sister," she greets dryly.

"Aurora," y/n greets back without looking at her. They had very different opinions on things which led to big fights between them. Their father thought they would grow out of it but they never quite did, Aurora moved out and they barely ever spoke after that.

The dinner was going smoothly, they were all getting to know Harley and there had been no conflict between the sisters....until the topic of sports came back up.

"Seriously you should see her play she's like Serena Williams out there," Louis laughs.

"Oh I don't know I used to beat her all the time when we were younger," Aurora says, tired of hearing her sister get all the praise.

"Well, you couldn't beat me now," Y/N forces a fake smile, a hint of a condescending tone added in.

"You couldn't beat me at anything except a drinking contest," she says in the same way, to anyone on the outside this would've been friendly sibling trash talk but for them, it was much deeper than that. It was rooted in jealousy and frustration.

"Congrats on that rehab token, by the way, I swore that you were never going to get over that addiction but seventh times the charm isn't it?"

"Still living off of daddy's money at 23? Don't worry I'm sure you'll find a way to come into your own soon," Aurora challenges back, she lifts the wine glass to her lips, gently holding it by the stem. Suddenly, the liquid and shards fall all over her but nobody had touched it.