Chapter One

So this is my first fanfic on here.

Hope you like it! Don't let the title scare you off or anything :P

Feedback is greatly appreciated c:

-

I tapped the pencil I had in my hand against the book that layed infront of me. I groaned, math will be the death of me.

"Not getting it?" Bridgit, the only person that comes close to being a mother, said coming up from behind me. I shook my head, glancing at her. Her pale blonde hair was in a bun that sat neatly ontop of her head, glasses perched on her nose, magnified her light blue eyes.

"You do this." She took my pencil, writing something on the paper, explaining it as she went. I nodded, half listening. It was hopeless, i was going to fail my 12th year just because of the stupidest subject ever. When was i ever going to use square roots, and x and y's in my career?

"Understand?" She asked dropping the pencil. I half smiled.

"Kind of. Thank you." I picked the pencil up, looking at the next problem. I scribbled something on it then stuffing it in the pocket of my pink binder.

"When will dad be home?" I asked looking at the clock. It was four fifty three.

"I don't really know."

"Do you mind if I go down to the station?" My dad was the cheif at the police station down the street. We recently have moved here because of it.

"No. Be back in time for dinner." She waved me off. I grabbed the ipod that sat on the counter by the fridge as i walked by. "Don't forget your jacket!" She called after me.

"Got it." I grabbed it off the rack, slipping it on, opening the door and walked into the brisk town of Doncaster. I shivered, pulling my jacket tighter around. My music drowning the sound of the wind as i walked against it. I smiled when the station came into view, thankful we only lived down the street from it.

"Evening Emma," A officer said opening the door for me.

"Is my dad in his office?" I asked slipping by him. He nodded before letting the door fall from his grip. My dad's office wasn't really an office. It had his desk in there but also the cell that the people who did minor crimes stay in.

He sat at his desk, reading the newspaper. He looked up at me, smiling.

"Hey." He said gesturing to the seat that sat off to the side off his desk.

"Hi. How's work going?"

"It's fine. I should be done, just have to wait for his mom to pick him up." He nodded to the cell. A boy sat on the bench, he looked at me, his wide light blue eyes peered out at me under the mess of his brown hair.

Flashback*

"Do I really have to stay?" I asked my friend Lily.

"Yes. Now stop pulling your dress down, you have a great body, now show it off." I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest.

"You know maybe if you didn't look like you wanted to kill everyone you might actually have someone talk to you." I sent her a glare. She knew how i didn't like parties. Loud music, drinking, slurred words really weren't my thing.

"Well I'm off to have fun. You can join me when you get a little life." She said walking off. Great, now I'm completly alone. I sighed and leaned against the wall watching the crowd.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing alone?" A voice said from behind me. Probably some loner trying to get a- My mind went blank when i saw him. Light wide blue eyes that peered out of his messy brown hair.

"Um, m-my friend went off." I stuttered.

"Not much of a friend?" He asked with a smile. I shrugged, not really wanting to tell him why.

"I'm Emma." I said after a few seconds.

"I'm Louis, but you can call me tonight." He said with a wink. He brought the red cup he held in his hand to his lips taking a sip.

"Want to go somewhere quieter and talk?" He asked pointing to the back door which led to a porch.

"Sure." I casted a look behind, Lily saw me. She smiled big, giving me a thumbs up. I shook my head smiling before walking behind him.

"I'll be right back." My dad said, shaking me out of my thoughts. I nodded.

"So." I said when he walked out the door. He smirked before saying: "It really is a small world."