*•.♡ Beating Hearts ♡.•*

Your eyes flew open and you quickly sat up, immediately regretting it afterward. You slowly massaged your throbbing head as you looked around and realized you were in a bed back at the Kamisato Estate.

 You slowly massaged your throbbing head as you looked around and realized you were in a bed back at the Kamisato Estate

"What happened..." you mumbled, trying to recall the fuzzy memories that were stuck at the back of your head. Suddenly becoming aware of the presence next to you, you slowly turned and saw Ayato asleep in a chair beside your bed. He looked peaceful, his arms crossed across his chest as he slept, his head slightly tilted to the side.

Once you saw him, all the memories came flooding back, crystal clear. The fatui agent, the drug, Ayato, and...

You felt your face grow hot as you remembered your sudden confession. All the relief that had come with finally taking care of the fatui was now replaced with embarrassment. Screaming internally, you regretted everything you had said after Ayato saved you.

"You're awake,"

Jolting at the sudden noise, you looked away, determined not to let Ayato see your embarrassed face.

"I...yes.." you replied, struggling to come up with something to say while your heart was about to beat out of your chest.

The awkward silence was hurting you more than any of your past injuries had.

As you turned to look at Ayato, your eyes widened after realizing how close he had come.

As he stood in front of the bed you were sitting on, he placed one of his hands on your shoulder while holding your chin in the other

As he stood in front of the bed you were sitting on, he placed one of his hands on your shoulder while holding your chin in the other. You felt your face getting more and more flushed as he examined it for any wounds.

"I'm alright," you said, quickly standing up and heading for the door. Before you could leave the room, you felt a firm set of arms around your waist pull you back, and you were now facing Ayato.

"Where do you think you're going?" Ayato asked, a small smile forming on his lips. "I was j-just going to get some fresh air," you stuttered, looking down in an effort to hide your flustered expression. His arms were still wrapped around you and your heart started thumping a bit louder than you would have liked. "Did you mean what you said...earlier," he said, tilting your chin up with his index finger so that you were forced to look him in the eye.