*•.♡ Right Next to You ♡.•*

You squeezed your eyes shut as you felt bright sunlight penetrating your eyelids. Slowly opening your eyes, you were confused. Wait a minute, this wasn't your bed....why were you sitting....in front of Ayato's desk-

Your eyes widened as what happened last night came flooding back to you: the papers, Ayato, the hug, everything. You almost gasped in shock as you looked down to see your arms snugly wrapped around Ayatos' arm. You had fallen asleep right next to him, your head resting on his shoulder.

"Awake?"

You jolted, looking up to see Ayato gazing at your dumbfounded face with a slight smile on his lips. 

You practically jumped up, regretting all of your life's decisions that lead to this very moment

"Y-You were awake the whole time?" you asked. "Why didn't you wake me up? I'm so sorry..." you apologized, internally slapping yourself.

"You looked so peaceful while you were asleep, I couldn't bring myself to wake you up," he chuckled, getting up.

Your cheeks were tinged pink with embarrassment. "I won't disturb you again, sorry," you admitted, scratching the back of your head.

"I wouldn't mind you staying with me again, it was...certainly interesting," he said, a playful smile forming on his lips. You stared at the man in front of you for a few seconds, and your brain struggled to function.

You inwardly cringed, remembering your.....hug. 'What the hell was I thinking yesterday....i need the floor to swallow me right now please,' you thought.

"Do you want to stay for breakfast?" Ayato asked, breaking you out of your train of thought.

"Uhh...I really don't want to bother you again, it's fine. I'll leave no-" you said, but were interrupted as the lovely aroma of whatever was cooking outside forced you to stop. Momentarily entranced by the smell, you heard a loud growl coming from your stomach.

'Me and my damn stomach' you thought, staring straight at the floor, hoping for it to swallow you any moment now.

"I'm assuming that you're going to stay," Ayato smiled, crossing his arms.

"My lord!" you heard Thoma's voice from outside, followed by a knock on the door.

Thoma walked in balancing a tray of food in his hands with his usual bright smile on his face.

"Good morning, my lor-" he stopped as his gaze fell on you. "Y/N? How are you here...?" he asked, confused.

"Did you...spend the night here?" Thoma asked as realization dawned on his face.

"No!" you blurted, in an attempt to cover up something that was so obvious. "I mean...I did stay the night...but I fell asleep by accident, it's not what you think!", you clarified, internally cringing at every word that came out of your mouth.

"Haha, it's only normal for a couple to spend the night together," Thoma laughed, setting down the tray of food on Ayato's desk. Even though what Thoma said was correct, it still felt....strange. You and Ayato were married on paper but not at heart and it threw you off every time.

You stared at the delicacies on Ayato's desk, trying your best not to drool.

"Thank you, Thoma," Ayato said, motioning that he could take his leave.

"Of course, my lord. I hope you two lovebirds enjoy the meal," he chuckled, walking out the door.

You cringed at his words but still felt a slight blush forming on your cheeks. You excused yourself to the bathroom, hoping to cover it up.

.

.

.

After freshening up, you came out to see Ayato waiting in front of the food, softly touching the fresh bouquet of flowers Thoma had placed in a vase beside the food. The food was still untouched.

"Let's eat, I'm especially intrigued by what Thoma brought today," Ayato said with a smile as he moved over to make space for you. Rushing over, you sat down next to him and were entranced by how amazing the food was.

"Thoma must be a wizard, this is so good," you mumbled, enjoying every bit of food you ate. You were so focused on the food that you almost jumped when you felt Ayato brush a strand of your hair behind your ear.

"Why don't you tie your hair, it'll be easier for you to eat," he said, resting his head in one hand as he looked at you. "Would you like me to do it for you?"

"Sure..." you said, trying your best to focus completely on the food as Ayato moved to tie your hair. No matter how much you tried to ignore it, you could feel your cheeks slowly becoming warm like the food in front of you as Ayato's fingers brushed across the back of your neck.

He was very gentle and you barely noticed he was done until he moved away. Your hand went up to the back of your head as your fingers trailed down the low ponytail Ayato had put your hair in.

"Thanks," you murmured, going back to the food in an attempt to distract yourself from the way Ayato's hands had felt. As you were about to take a bite, you were interrupted as the doors flew open.

'Dang it, I was just about to eat...' you thought, annoyed that you had been disrupted. You looked up to see who the intruder was and you practically jumped.