*•.♡ A Small Game ♡.•*

"Kid, can we please.....just take a small break...." you said, panting as you placed your hands on your knees.

"We're here!" he beamed, running over to a small cluster of children huddled around something.

"Ugh, I hate running," you mumbled, still half bent over.

"Something wrong?"

You stood up straight as soon as you heard the familiar voice approach you. Turning around to see Ayato walking over, you quickly fixed your disheveled hair.

"I'm alrigh-" you replied, but were interrupted by the kid's loud hollering. "Lady, over here!" he said, waving at us.

"How much energy does that kid have," you sighed as you turned and ran over to him.

"Look, look!" he exclaimed, pointing at something on the ground. His friends gathered in a circle and stared in awe at where he was pointing. The commotion piqued your interest and you leaned over to see what the fuss was about.

The kid bent down and picked something up, holding it closer for you to see. Your eyes nearly bulged out of your sockets and you jumped as you realized what it was.

"WHAT THE??" you yelled, jumping back as you recognized what the small purple insect in the boy's hand was.

(Even the bugs in genshin are pretty T-T)

"That's an interesting onikabuto," Ayato said, admiring the small horns at the front of its head.

"It's so cool, right?", the kid said as his eyes shone, raising it closer to your face.

"Yeah, very very interesting!" you yelped, quickly moving behind Ayato. "Just not so close.." you tensed, peeking at the beetle from behind Ayato's shoulder.

"You don't want to play with it?" the kid asked, his smile faltering. You were never very fond of kids, but your heart fell as you looked at his disappointed face.

"How about we play another game?" you offered, willing to do anything else.

"Let's have a race!" he piped, jumping. You started to feel tired just at the thought of running again, but before you could reply, the kid grabbed some rope and tied it around your ankle and Ayato's.

"It's a three-legged race," the kid clarified, and you were sure you could see the ghost of a devilish grin on his face.

You silently swore, remembering how cunning kids could be if they tried. It was almost as if they knew exactly how to piss you off. "This kid...he's not getting away with this," you muttered under your breath.

"Fine, let's do it," you smirked, determined to beat him at all costs. Giggling, the kid and his partner ran off with a head start, invoking your competitive spirit now more than ever.