*•.♡ By The Lake Shore ♡.•*

"I didn't really want an apology...I was just being immature," you confessed, feeling your cheeks grow warmer by the second.

"I didn't really want to apologize either," Ayato said, his embrace around you still firm yet gentle. "I just wanted an excuse to hold you,"

Praying Ayato didn't hear your heart thumping, you blushed, never expecting the head of the Kamisato Estate to make you feel as flustered as you did now. You didn't exactly hate it, either.

You almost jumped after hearing sudden loud bursts of noise coming from the grassy fields right next to the festival. You looked up and saw fireworks light up the sky as they exploded in different patterns and colors.

"The fireworks, we're going to miss them!" You exclaimed, grabbing Ayato's hand and rushing over to the fireworks display as fast as you could.

You and Ayato found a place in the crowd and gazed up at the bright fireworks as they burst into smaller sparks against the dark night sky. The atmosphere was lively, filled with cheers after each firework. Mesmerized by the display, you barely noticed Ayato gazing at you affectionately as his lips cracked into a slight smile.

"How long do you plan to hold on?" He asked playfully, pointing at your hand which was still wrapped around his arm

You quickly let go, embarrassed that you hadn't realized. You expected Ayato to move away but instead, he intertwined his fingers with yours and pulled you closer so that you were standing right next to him.

As you turned to look at him, you couldn't help but admire the way the fireworks cast different colored shades of light across his face, twinkling his eyes as he looked up at them.

He turned towards you and you quickly glanced back up at the fireworks, embarrassed that you were staring at him for so long.

"Should we head home?" He asked, pushing a strand of hair that the wind had blown across your face behind your ear.

You nodded, hoping the dark would hide the blush that was rapidly forming on your cheeks.

As he started walking back to the Estate, his hand was still holding yours and you had no choice but to follow him.

.

.

.

As the two of you made your way back to Estate, you admired the way the grassy fields were painted by the moonlight as they swayed back and forth. There was a large lake in the middle, the water had small ripples in it created by the gentle breeze.

When you were younger, you and your friends often held stone skipping competitions, where you tried to best each other with the most rock skips one person could get. A smile formed on your face as you thought back to those times.