*•.♡ Sneaking Away ♡.•*

Keep your hands off of my wife," Ayato said, pulling you behind him. He was still smiling at Chitose but the look in his eyes was so menacing that you almost shivered.

	"M-My apologies!" Chitose stuttered, quickly moving away

"M-My apologies!" Chitose stuttered, quickly moving away. "It was merely a joke, Commissioner hahahahaha," he laughed, clearly nervous. "I h-have some business to attend to, I'll take my leave now," he said, walking away as fast as he could.

"What a piece of sh-" you stopped, biting back your words as you remembered where you were. There were ears everywhere, waiting for any chance they found to bring you down.

You looked up to see Ayato chuckling.

"Keep your hands off my wife" Those words kept replaying in your head, and even though you knew it was only a show for the public, you couldn't help but feel strangely content. Not to mention...you could feel a slight blush on your cheeks.

"Do you want to get some fresh air? I know a place we could go..." you whispered, already tired of mingling with other nobility. "Lead the way," he smiled, intrigued.

.

.

.

You pushed open the balcony doors and felt your stress get carried away by the cool breeze. The two of you had sneaked up to the second floor and were finally free.

	"Are we allowed to be here?" Ayato asked, looking around

"Are we allowed to be here?" Ayato asked, looking around. "Nope," you grinned, leaning against the balcony railing. "I come here a lot whenever I feel....suffocated," you admitted. This was your favorite spot to come to whenever you felt exhausted after talking to other nobles. It was a secret hideout of sorts.

You admired the trees swaying under the starry night sky and smiled. Finally.....peace.

"This is definitely interesting," Ayato murmured, looking up at the sky. There was a smile across his lips and you noticed it looked different. Instead of his usual forced smile...this one looked free.

You suddenly became alert, aware of muffled noises coming from the other side of the balcony door. You quickly ran over and peeked into the building, scanning the area.