*•.♡ Gazing At You ♡.*

"Thank you for visiting, Y/N. I need to finish reading some documents now, make sure you get home safely" he said, making his way towards the door.

"You're not going anywhere," you cut him off, blocking the exit. "Go back and get some rest, your health is more important," you insisted, determination written across your face. There was no way you were letting him work when he was ill.

"It's just a few documents, there's no need to worr-"

"No, you need to rest,"

"Let me tell Thoma a few things-"

"It can wait, your health is more important," you said, walking towards him. "Get. Some. Rest." you said, stepping forward towards Ayato with each word and he had eventually backed into a wall.

You placed a hand on the wall behind him, so he was trapped between you and the wall. "Isn't this a bit..." he murmured, taken aback.

"I've seen my father's health slowly spiral out of control because of how much he overworked himself for the Miyazaki Estate. In the end, it was too much for him and he...passed away. I'm not letting you do the same, so go take rest," you demanded, looking straight into his azure eyes.

Ayato slowly tilted his head and gazed at you, pondering something. His expression stayed neutral and no matter how much you tried, you couldn't tell what he was thinking.

You were about to back away when Ayato grabbed your arm and flipped you around so now you were the one trapped between him and the wall.

You looked up into his lavender eyes and blinked, dumbfounded. This....wasn't something you expected to happen. You tried your best to stand with certainty but your legs were this close to collapsing because of how close he was.

"I didn't know you cared about me this much..." he whispered, gently tucking a strand of hair behind your ear while you melted under his gaze. Your heart felt like it was going to burst but you didn't exactly hate this feeling either. 

He slowly leaned towards you, and from the way he was looking at you, it was as if he knew you were flustered. His gaze fell to your lips and lingered there for a few moments. You felt your face slowly gravitating towards his until the two of you were barely inches apart. 

There was just something about the way he was looking at you that made you feel anxious, exhilarated, and nervous at the same time. You were a jumbled mess of emotions, but you couldn't figure out what he was thinking as he stood right before you.

"Alright, I won't work," he assured, stepping away. "But..."

"But?"

"Let's go for a walk instead," he said, crossing his arms. "Fresh air is good, isn't it?"

You sighed, realizing there was no way this man would go back to get rest, but at least this was better than nothing. Besides, you needed some fresh air too, especially after your heart had almost beat out of your chest a few moments before.

"I guess a walk wouldn't hurt..." you agreed, nodding.

"Let's get goi-"

"Wait, not yet," you said, taking off your coat. You walked over and tightly wrapped the coat around him, making sure he was completely covered. You let out a small chuckle at his confused expression.

"Consider this as a thank you for yesterday," you said, glad that you had finally found a way to help him after what he had done for you.

"I didn't do much..." he replied, looking away. As he quickly walked out, he retained his usual calm composure but you swore you saw a light shade of pink tinging his cheeks. Smiling to yourself, you quickly caught up to him and the two of you stepped out into the cool evening.