Had Me at Hello

I can't believe how great you guys are! Becuase I missed this couple so much and my astonishment at reaching 100k reads, this is my special gift!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Kane," Jolie called out as she answered her Skype call from Lena. 

"Kane?" Lena asked just as an olive skinned boy about three came into the picture and sat down directly on Jolie's lap. 

"Hi!" Jolie smiled at them before her eyes widened when she looked beyond them, above her laptop. "Noah  take the truck out of your mouth," Jolie admonished next. 

"Where's Abel?" Lena joked as she referred to the biblical story of Cain and Abel, the sons of Adam and Eve. 

Jolie smoothed down Kane's fine dark hair.  "He's probably trying to feed the tarantula gummy bears again." She joked because Mikey, the last one had a fond habit of trying to feed their pet tarantula sweets.

Hope laughed this time as she waved at Kane from beside Lena, the two of them using Lena's computer to Skype Jolie who was currently babysitting kids she'd known since they were practically born. It was a summer job she'd had since middle school and because she'd known them since they were born, they sort of listened to her, thus making her the best babysitter around.

"You're still coming here tomorrow right?" Hope asked. 

"Of course, like I would miss it." Jolie said as she temporarily went far away.  Liam and the boys were coming back to New York and would be performing live.  She and Liam tried to talk as much as possible but it was quite strange as she didn't quite know how to break it to her family, especially Leah and her father, so she was revealing very little to her father's distress.

 She missed Liam so much that sometimes she wished that she could just yell it on the rooftop and be done, but she and Liam were more cautious about their relationship and keeping it from the press.  And they were doing a pretty good job of it, though it could partly be because of Hope and Harry's high profile relationship that normally took the spotlight off them to Hope's chagrin. 

Many of Harry's more zealous fans did not like Hope, thinking she wasn't right for him, well because they thought they were.  But Hope was hanging on and words like those stuck to Hope like vinegar.  She always bounced back and Wyatt, her best friend, the only one with a Twitter stuck up for her like no one else and seemed to be working but mostly because he was making the more upset and hostile teens confused with his admonishments that even took her a couple reads to understand.  And most of them were barely thirteen at best so the education levels were at a disadvantage. 

"Raquel says that she will be dropping off the Columbia Drama department modern Romeo & Juliet wigs for us tomorrow, around seven in the morning." Jolie said remembering their plan to try to get to see the boys unnoticed.

Lena just sighed as Hope laughed and said excellent.  They might be taking extreme measures  but Jolie wanted to stay in the shadows and well Hope preferred to enjoy their performance without any hostility from Harry's more zealous fans that out right didn't like her, not even caring how much Hope meant to Harry. 

"I feel like we should play The Boys Are Back in Town every time they come, I swear." Lena sighed as she leant her head against Hope's. 

"The boys are back in townnn, the boys are back in town! I said the boys are back in town, towwwnnn!" Hope sang as she leant against Lena who too  began to join her in the chorus towards the end, not being able to help herself though she sighed at the end. 

Jolie just laughed in response to Lena's exasperation with One Direction.  She was however soon distracted as Kane stood up in her lap to whisper in her ear.