thirty three: never ending story

July 4, 1985

July 4, 1985

The group was now attempting to move the car over to grab the ignition cable. It didn't seem to be working well though.

"Let me try." Eleven offered. Beth looked at the girl as she took deep breaths, her body looked tired from trying to overturn a car. Eleven's eyes had been sunken and her body was weak as she was shaking.

Mike shook his head panting from the strain he put on his body. "El..."

Eleven took a step forward, limping due to her injury, "I can do it." The group backed away, allowing her to use her power. She stuck her hand out and focused on the vehicle. The metal squeaked and buckled under her abilities but it wouldn't budge no matter how much energy she put in.

Eleven finally gave up, letting out a frustrated sigh. Mike suggested they use metal poles to help get more leverage to push the car. The group quickly collected some metal poles around the food court and got behind the back of the car. They stuck the poles between the restaurant and the car before they started pushing. They were able to get the car on its side before taking a small break to breathe and rest. Jonathan encouraged them to not stop.

"Okay, great. Now all the way. Ready?" He encouraged as the group turned the poles over and set them against the car.

"Three, two, one...push!"

The car loudly crashed onto the ground and Mike smirked, "Told you. Physics."

"How do we get it open?" Nancy questioned.

"Uh, there should be a latch." Jonathan told her.

"Try looking under the wheel." Beth added.

"How do you know that?" Lucas panted.

"You see it?"

"You learn a lot when you have an older brother and a father who's obsessed with cars." Beth replied.

"I don't know, hold on." Nancy spoke as she examined the car.

"What's she doing?" Max pointed to El who was scavenging through a bin for something.

"El." Mike walked forward with Max, as she tried to crush the can, "Are you okay?"

"Do you see it?"

"I don't know." Jonathan panted, "It should be right here. Distributor, distributor..."