sixteen: the hub

Beth was squished in between Steve and her brother in the back seat of Billy's car

Beth was squished in between Steve and her brother in the back seat of Billy's car. Max was driving with Lucas in the front seat, giving her directions. Brandon tried to tell her to let him drive since he had a driving license but, Max stepped on his foot and ran to the front seat. So, the teen boy just let her. Mike had a bottle of gasoline in his hands while an unconscious Steve had his head rested on Beth's shoulder, as Dustin held an ice pack to his head. Steve's wounds started swelling so the kids and Brandon put bandaids on his face to stop the bleeding. He put up a good fight before Billy had beat his ass and he passed out.

"Nancy?" Steve slurred finally waking up, moving his head off Beth's shoulder and looking at Mike, who gives him a glare. Steve groaned and went to rub his eyes, but Dustin moved his hands away from his face.

"No, don't touch it." Dustin instructed which caused Steve to look at him, and Dustin smiled. "Hey, buddy...shush. It's okay. You put up a good fight. He kicked your ass, but you put up a good fight buddy, okay? You're okay."

"Okay, you're gonna keep straight for half a mile...then make a left on Mount Sinai." Lucas told Max as they drove down a deserted road.

"What's...What's going on?" Steve questioned. Max met his eyes, and he finally realized what was happening. Max was driving them to dig one of the tunnels Hopper was in. Steve started to panic, "Oh my God!"

"Steve, relax." Dustin told him, rubbing his shoulder as he tried to calm him down. "She's driven before."

"Yeah, in a parking lot." Mike argued.

"That counts." Lucas argued from the passenger seat.

Beth started to rub Steve's arm in comfort, "Stop talking about Max's experience with driving. You're gonna make him go insane."

"Oh my God!"

"They were gonna leave you behind. Dustin and I promised that you'd be cool, okay?" Brandon told him, trying to calm him, but not doing a real great job at it.

Max started to speed down the abandoned road, making Steve freak out even more than before. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. What's going on?"

"Can you maybe slow down, Max?" Beth yelled at the girl, but she just kept going faster.

"Oh my God! No! Whoa, stop the car! Slow down!"

"I told you he'd freak out!" Mike yelled to Dustin. "We've should've just let Brandon drive."

"Yeah, you should've but someone stepped on my foot and pretty sure broke it." Brandon looked directly at Max, making her roll her eyes.