eighteen: best friends reunited

December  17, 1984

December  17, 1984

Beth sat in the bay window of her bedroom staring at the blue sky as she drew a replica of it in her notebook. She had been happy these few days, because her and Max have gotten closer and went on a few dates. Although they haven't really confirmed any relationship yet, well yeah they've went on dates and kissed a couple of times, but they weren't so sure about the whole dating thing yet. Beth thought it'd be the perfect idea to ask Max to be her girlfriend on Christmas, so she decided on that.

Beth started drawing the outline of the clouds when she heard her mother's voice from downstairs, "Beth! Brandon! Your father and I are about head out! Stay safe! And watch your sister, Brandon!"

"Okay mom!" They both called out and seconds later, Beth heard the front door shut. She continued her drawing when she suddenly heard the front doorbell.

She stayed at her room hoping Brandon would answer it, but the ringing continued. "Brandon!" She called out but there was no answer. She rolled her eyes and placed her notebook down. Beth had glanced into her brother's room and saw him passed out on his bed, she groaned before running down the stairs and to the front door.

Beth opened the door and didn't look who it was at first and said, "If you're selling something we don't want it, so just get it over wi-" Beth finally looked up at the person and was met with her former best friend. Her former neighbor. Her former...crush. Ally Rivera.

"Ally..." Beth softly said as her eyes widened. Ally looked at her with a small smile.

"Hi Beth." She said softly, before asking if she can come in and Beth let her.

"I...uh...what...what are you doing here?" Beth asked still shocked by the girl in front of her.

"Oh, well my dad got a new job over here so moved a couple blocks away from here." Ally explained. "I then saw your parents in a car driving by so I assumed you were here. And next thing I know I'm in front of your house."

Beth sighed before opening her mouth to say something but quickly shut it.

"I really missed you. You know how hard it was in Florida without my best friend." Ally laughed.

"Former best friend." Beth corrected making Ally slightly frown.

"We're still on about that?" Ally questioned making Beth laugh.

"Yes we are!" Beth exclaimed. "I told you how I felt about you, even though I knew you were going to say no. But I didn't expect you to laugh in my face and push me away like I was a piece of trash!"