nineteen: the power outage

June 28, 1985Summer

June 28, 1985
Summer

In the summertime, Hawkins was super hot. The temperatures went up, car windows were put down, cold drinks were made, clothes were lighter, and everybody was happier, especially Beth Wright. Beth loved the summertime, she did, especially since now she gets to spend it with her girlfriend Max Mayfield. Beth had asked Max to be her girlfriend during Christmas last year and the redhead said yes in excitement. The two girls have been dating for 6 months now and it's been real hectic. Both girls had been constantly bullied and harassed because of their relationship. And even called them awful names, but both girls had stood strong and didn't care what other people think. Especially, since they had their friends and family on their backs...well except Max.

Max never told her parents and brother about her relationship with Beth, afraid of what they'll do to her or her girlfriend. But she was happy and felt safe since Beth's parents and older brother accepted her relationship, so she felt she had someone. Even, Ally's best friend Beth supported them. Ally. Beth introduced the two girls to each other a week after Ally arrived to Hawkins. Max and Beth got along pretty well at first, but Ally seemed to have some sort of hatred towards Max. Like a jealousy towards her relationship with Beth. But the two lovebirds didn't seem to notice and just thought it had to do with something else. The party grew a liking to Ally and even told her about Eleven and the upside down since they trusted her. And boy was Ally intrigued by all of that.

But back on track, Beth has had a great summer so far. Although, Beth didn't get to see her brother that much ever since he got a job at Scoops Ahoy in Starcourt Mall, with Steve and a girl named Robin. But Beth loves it because he always gives her free ice cream even if he gets in trouble for it.

Beth had been sitting on her bay window in her bedroom. Tonight she was going to be going to the mall to see a movie, with the party minus Dustin who was at camp. It was currently about 3:00 in the afternoon and the group was going to meet up at about 8:00. Max and Beth decided to hang out beforehand so they can at least have nice time alone.

Beth had been drawing in her notebook when she heard a car drive up in the driveway. She recognized the car being Max's mother's car and immediately jumped up in excitement and ran down the stairs. Once she hit the bottom, the doorbell rang and Beth waited a few seconds before opening the door. She was met with Max, who smiled at her and hugged her. The redhead waved bye to her mother, before closed the door and made sure Susan was gone.

Beth then turned to Max, who had pressed her lips onto Beth's before pulling away to face a blushing Beth. Max smiled at that and blushed as well.

"How's my amazing princess Snow White doing?" Max asked as she wrapped her arms around Beth's neck.

"Amazing, now that Little Red is here." Beth joked making Max hit her in the shoulder lightly. Beth was taller than Max, so she usually messed her with by mocking her height.