one: new life

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

September 1984

It was a normal sunny day in Florida. Bethany Wright and her family were moving from the lovely place, even though Beth and her brother Brandon didn't want to. They loved their home, their friends, and everything about Florida. Their parents Beverly and Benjamin said everything will be fine. They'll make new friends and have a new life.

Beth was finishing packing up the last few things to put in the moving truck. She sat down at her bay window and looked out at her parents helping the people take stuff out the house. She sighed, hoping she would fit in at her new home. Hawkins, Indiana.

Beth wasn't like any other. She was different and unique. When she moves will people like her? Will she have friends? She didn't know.

Suddenly, there was a knock at her door and she looked over to see her older brother. "Do you need something?" She asked him tilting her head a bit.

"No. Do you need something? You look depressed." He walked into her room and sat down next to her.

"I'm not depressed, dingus. I'm just upset. I like it here, I don't want to move." Beth explained to her brother.

Brandon looked at his sister slowly. She wasn't depressed, that wasn't it. She was scared. Scared, people wouldn't like her. Scared people would think she was weird for liking video games, comics, board games. Things that would normally be labeled as "boy things". But that wasn't the only thing Beth was scared about it. But Brandon couldn't figure out what that was.

"You're scared." Brandon finally spoke up making Beth give him a "what are you talking about" look.

"Don't give me that look, Bethany." Brandon told his sister. The girl scoffed before turning her head away.

The older boy sighed at the girl's actions. One thing he knew about his sister, was that when she didn't want to talk about something, she didn't want to talk about it.

Beth was about to speak up when she was interrupted by her parents calling her and her brother downstairs. It was time. Time for their new life.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

The drive was long and boring but they finally arrived at Hawkins, Indiana.

Beverly and Benjamin Wright got out the car and started unloading the moving truck, with the help of their older son.

Beth was still in the car staring at her new house. It wasn't too bad. It was blue on the outside with a little white on it. The garage was big but not to big, and there was a white door with a window.

Beth slowly got out the car and started helping with some things. When the family got inside, they were amazed on how amazing the house looked.

"See I told you, you were going to like it!" Beverly said to her children, who were still amazed.

After a while, the two children went to claim their bedrooms and the parents started to set some things up.

Beth didn't know what had happened to her fright but she definitely was going to like it in Hawkins.

But little did she know, her life in Hawkins will become far worst than it was in Florida.

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

A few days had passed and Beth was starting to like it in Hawkins. She found an arcade in town and started going there everyday. But what Beth wasn't ready for was going to school. Hawkins Middle. She didn't want to go to school, heck she didn't even want to be in this town.

Beverly told her nervous daughter that everything would be fine, and if anything her brother was right next door at Hawkins High.

Her brother was always there for Beth when she was having a nervous breakdown, a panic attack, or worse. He knew what she was going through, having had he went through the same stuff at her age.

But he couldn't help her now, at least with what she's dealing with. Beth wasn't nervous because she was going to school, she wasn't nervous because she was afraid she wouldn't make friends. No, that wasn't it. She was afraid because she had a secret, something she knew was bad. But in heart it was right.

If only Beth knew that her brother would accept her straight away for it.

But that's the thing.......she didn't know.

Hey you guys!! This is the first official chapter of Happier!! This chapter was just a rundown on how Beth came to Hawkins and whatever

Hey you guys!! This is the first official chapter of Happier!! This chapter was just a rundown on how Beth came to Hawkins and whatever. Next chapter is where the story starts.

I can't wait for her to meet Max cause I just want to make some moments already! I also can't wait to do some brother and sister moments between Beth and Brandon!

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed and have a wonderful day!

-Mary❤️