twenty nine: his army

July 4, 1985

July 4, 1985

Dustin pushed the vent opening it up, letting them climb out. He pulled himself out and scanned the room, Ally and Erica coming up seconds after. The room had been filled with containers that held multiple cylinders with the toxic green colored liquid.

"Jackpot." Dustin grinned.

"Bingo bango." Ally grinned.

Dustin looked around and saw a red, two seat vehicle outside the room. "Oh-ho-ho!" He ran to it, the two others following.

"Do you even know how to drive?" Erica asked him.

"How hard can it be?" Dustin shrugged. "Max did it."

"You mean the same Max that practiced in an empty parking lot?" Ally questioned with an eyebrow raise. "Let's not forgot you said she almost killed you all by driving last year."

"Yeah, yeah." Dustin rolled his eyes and entered, trying to find a key. "Awh, come on."

"You seriously thought they'd just leave keys in there?" Erica sassed.

"My parents do it all the time with their car. Also those Russians don't really look smart." Ally shrugged.

"There's gotta be a spare." Dustin spoke.

Erica sighed and started to search around, finding a large metal cage. "Hey guys?"

"Yeah?"

"What you need?"

"How big did you say that Demogorgon was?"

"Big. Nine feet or so." Dustin guessed. "Why?"

She walked towards something else, out of the two older kids sight. Ally looked to see a metal lockbox and tapped it to gain her friend's attention.

"Ooh!" Dustin walked over and unscrew the box. Once it opened, the vehicle keys were right there.

"Man, those Russians really don't know how to hide things. Do they?" Ally smirked.

"We found em." Dustin called out. "Erica?"

A loud zapping noise startled the two teens and Erica stood behind them with an electrified stun cane.

"Erica?!"

"What the hell is that?!"

"A deadly weapon." Erica stated in sass. "Could be useful."