Chapter 13: Hospital

JAVI POV

We just got inside Richmond and I found out David is alive and a member of the new frontier.

David: I heard you tell your friends to get in line.

David: We have a process. Our own way of doing things. Your guys better not have a problem with that. Things don't go well for troublemakers here. I hope that's clear.

Javi: Of course not. We're happy to be here. It's... good to see you alive, brother.

David: Same here. C'mon.

Javi: Where are we going?

David: Kate asked for you. I thought you'd want to check on her. Listen, Javi. Gabe and Mariana... They told me some pretty messed up things. Things I need your help wrapping my head around.

Javi: I don't know what to tell you, David. It's all true.

David: No matter how much terrible shit you see, some things are still hard to stomach.

David: He told Mariana was almost killed. Just a few days ago.

Javi: Yeah but Y/N saved her life.

David: Wait Y/N and Clementine?

Javi: Yeah why?

David: Their trouble. Both of em.

Javi: Well he saved Mari's life and they helped me find Kate, Mari and Gabe when we got separated and I feel like shit because I used them as leverage just so I can get Kate help.

David: Maybe they changed... I don't know.

Javi: Their good David.

David: Tell me who shot at her and what happened.

Javi: She was just standing there, minding her own business. She'd just found her lost headphones in the dirt. She was smiling. And then someone shot at her but Y/N tackled her out of the way.

David: What kind of animal would just open fire on her like that?!

Javi: An animal with your mark.

David: My people aren't in the habit of shooting little girls.

Javi: David, I was there! They shot Kate . Ask your buddy at the gate if you don't believe me.

David: Max was a part of this? Fuck. I need details. What the hell went down out there? I need to know exactly what happened. Everything you remember.

Javi: They ambushed us in a junkyard. Just unloaded on us. They chased us back to this town, Prescott.

Javi: Their leader flooded it with walkers and tear gas.

David: Leader?

Javi: A crazy bald guy with a beard.

David: Badger... What the fuck have you done now? I'm gonna handle that stupid son of a bitch, okay? Do me a favor and keep this to yourself. The politics here, they can get messy.

Javi: I thought you were the boss?

David: There's four of us that run Richmond. You need to impress the other three... or you'll be back on the road by morning. Try not to stir things up. You and your friends could have a very short stay.

Javi: Fuck that. They'll have to drag me out feet-first.

David: Cut the shit out. Or that'll be exactly what happens.

David: I run security here, but it's not like my word is law. This shit with Badger doesn't make things any easier.

David and me approach a woman