Prologue

Addison sprinted away. 

Her breath was coming in short bursts, and everything was blurry. She had to get away. She wasn't safe. 

She wasn't ever safe. 

Her chest tightened and Addison stumbled, her legs almost buckling. She couldn't think straight, and had no idea where she was. All she could think was to get away. 

I could die. 

Lightning pain shot through Addison's chest. She couldn't breathe. Whatever they had done, it was killing here. 

I have to find safety. Addison thought. But where? No one was awake, it was two in the morning. 

Her brain was still trying to process. The glass shattering, the guns, the men beating her, wriggling away and sprinting across wet grass with no shoes on. 

Up ahead, Addison saw hazy blue light through some curtains. A long shot, but maybe.....

Maybe someone was awake.

Using up her last burst on energy and gasping for air, Addison sprinted up the walkway of the house, practically slamming into the wall. 

She desperately banged on the door, her knees buckling and her chest tight. 

A man with brown curly hair opened the door. "Help- me-" Addison croaked. 

Then it went black. 

Yo first chapter pog. 

I promise the other's will not be this short. This is just a prologue. 

Also, next one we get Wilbur so that's poggers. 

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay kind. 

You are loved. 

-TheMidnightStorm