jealousy ; ziggy berman

for as long as you could remember, ziggy berman had always been your best buddy. you two grew up together, and despite the fact that life got in the way at times, you stayed as close as could be. even when you grew older and she seemed to fade or become distracted at times, you were always there for her.

and ziggy was always there for you, even if it was in the middle of the night and she appeared unkempt beyond belief.

you didn't share many secrets, but there was one important one you kept hidden from ziggy all these years: you were madly in love with her.

you tried to disguise it as you grew older, dating other people to divert your attention away from your best friend. but nothing ever worked out, and you always ended up back with ziggy. after breakups and all that, the girl was always there for you. her embrace was more soothing to you than she
imagined.

"that stupid idiotic jerk didn't deserve you in the first place," she'd say as she cradled you in her arms. "you'll find the proper person," ziggy whispered in your ear, "you deserve the world. you deserve to be treated well y/n, and in the meantime, you have me."

you swallowed a sob as she spoke; she had no idea that her comments made you cry more than your breakup. and it wasn't for anything she had done. no, that was entirely your fault. it was because you were frightened of losing her forever if you said anything, rather than express how much you truly loved her. you'd rather have her as a best friend than not have her in your life at all, so you buried your feelings deep inside.

however, even you wouldn't be able to keep the feeling of jealousy at bay all of the time. all of this culminated at a party to which ziggy had asked you as her date

from across the room, you felt the hooks sink into your flesh as you watched someone so attractive and gorgeous easily flirt with ziggy. you knew you didn't have the right to be envious. and the fact that ziggy, like you, was free to flirt with and date whom she wanted didn't make it any less painful. especially when the advances were made by someone with such a lovely face.

how could you blame her for returning that easygoing, endearing smile? how could you blame him for resting her hand on the shoulder of the other? i all, how could you blame her for being so enticing?

she is so perfect and beautiful.
you can't change that.

word count: 432 words !!

a/n: anyone want a part two ??!! don't forget to eat and stay hydrated <33
please vote, thank you :))