is that my shirt? ; deena johnson

"y/n!!" you heard your mom call from downstairs. you pushed yourself out of bed, and reached the staircase railing. leaning over, you saw your mother standing on the stairs below.  "do you think you can go for a quick run to the grocery store?"

"mom, it's 11pm" you said, furrowing your eyebrow together in confusion. "i'm pretty sure, nothings open"

"i'm making these shortbread cookies, and we ran out of milk nor flour"

"you're baking at 11pm?" you chuckled, shaking your head while heading back towards your room. "fine, i will go"

lately, your mom has been craving for all different types of pastries and desserts. she has been making something new at least every night. it's become very frequent and continuous. that's why she's causing you to make more and more late night runs to the stores. but you didn't really mind it though ; at least it got you out of the house, for a bit.

after finding some pairs of grey shorts and a random tee, you went downstairs and got the keys to your family mini van.

"alright, I'll be back in twenty or so" you opened the front door and stepped outside.
"thank you y/n!"

quickly, you pulled up to the whole foods parking lot, expecting to head in and head out fast. you raced to the bakery section, kneeling down to be able to see the labels for each and every type of flour. "mmm.. all purpose flour.. almond flour.. cake flour," then you heard some one clear their throat. "oh, i'm sorry" you stood up to the side, before realising who the stranger was. "deena?"

deena left for college last year, and you weren't expecting to see her so soon. especially not now. you thought that she left for good.
"hi y/n"
"what are you-"  you were completely lost for words. you were speechless. "what am i doing here?" she finished for you, you nodded trying to break eye contact but you couldn't. "i came back for summer break. you didn't actually think that i left for good, did you?" she tried to find something in your eyes. but failed.

"i-i mean yeah" you admitted sadly. "how could i ever move from shady side? y-yeah i know shit went down, two years ago but i could never. i've made so many.. so many great memories here" she said, digging her hands into the pockets of her jeans. "wait- is that my shirt?"

"i-i uhm" you looked down, seeing the top that you were wearing belonged to deena. "awhh, look how cute you are! stuttering and doing all types of shit around me" deena laughed at you, which made you have a tint of pink on your cheeks. attempting to hide your blushes, grabbing the flour, you ran away. "bye y/n"

hurriedly, you went to pick up the milk and made your way to the checkout. you payed for the items, and bolted out of the store. you sat in the car, and sobbed for a good hour over the girl that you had just left alone in the supermarket.

you had missed her so much. the last time you guys saw each other was last summer at a party. the both of you got drunk, messed around. then you two got close to each other, hooking up, spending time together. then, she left for college. leaving you all in one mess. it was so heartbreaking for you, you fell in love with the girl. you actually felt something and you thought that you two could end up being a thing. but not until all the wishes you had granted for, had been taken away from you. for months sobbing over her. by the end of last year you thought you had gotten over her ; apparently not

there you were. sitting in the toyota previa blasting sad music with your head resting against the steering wheel. your shoulders shaking, as tears poured out uncontrollably.

suddenly there was a knock on the window. startled, you looked up and met a pair of familiar brown eyes. hesitantly you rolled down the window, and wiped your eyes desperately.

"were you crying?" deena asked, concerned as she leaned over the window. her eyes examined the car, then looking back at you. you turned down the music, continuing to wipe your eyes.

"n-no" she frowned at you before changing the subject "i like your car" deena joked, your lips made a small grin "seriously, it's like pretty cool to be honest"

you gigged at her. "it's my mom's, not mine"

"you should actually consider buying one of these" she tapped her hand on the car. you smiled sadly. "there's that pretty smile," she grinned, then you looked up to see her face, which got serious. "what's going on?"

"oh n-nothing" you hiccuped, still continuing to wipe your eyes. the tears stung as you tried to hold them back, threating to release at any given second.

"well, it's obviously something, if it's got you all stirred up" she frowned.

it's you deena. i want you. you're the reason why i'm all stirred up. you're the reason why i'm in the car, crying while queen is playing.

"it's nothing" you repeated with a shaky voice. you turned on the car. deena stood up straight, and before you could leave, she spoke.

"do you still have the same phone number?"

"what?" you looked up at her. "do you still have the same number or am i just going to ask for it again?"

a small smile grew wide on your face. "of course i do" deena nodded, continuing to watch you from where he stood. "good, i missed seeing your smile everyday"

word count: 994 words !!

a/n: yeah i got inspired by someone, but i don't remember who :( but i hope you guys like this one, as much as i do !! please vote thank you guys <33