ten: max kepler

Y/N flopped her sweaty body next to Tyler's as the pair tried to catch their breath. The two had been rolling with the 'friends with benefits' act for months, always being available when the other needed them. Tonight: Tyler's call.

Y/N's brother, Lucas Giolito, also a professional pitcher in the MLB, was the one who introduced Tyler and Y/N. They became good friends at first, and then they're loose relationship soon followed.  Y/N always thought Tyler was attractive, she just wasn't up for the relationship part. She hadn't met a guy worth her time yet anyway, so her fling was next best.

"That was great." Tyler said, breaking the silence between the pair. Y/N nodded and put on a smile as she began to get up.

"Well, I should get going." She said as she began to pick up her clothes. Tyler furrowed his eyebrows as he reached for Y/N's wrist.

"What? What's wrong.. you never leave." He explained. Y/N sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She was unexpectedly nervous. When she turned to face Tyler, he was sitting up staring at her. "Y/N/N, you know you can tell me anything." She nodded and let out a breath before speaking.

"I met someone. And, it was only one night, but I can't stop thinking about him." She said honestly. "But I have no way of contacting him, and I only know his first name. And I know it's crazy, but-" she stopped, not knowing what to say next.

"So.. you want to end this?" Tyler asked after a moment. Truthfully, Y/N didn't know what she wanted. She couldn't stop thinking about her one night stand. Part of her felt.. bad.

"I don't know, Ty. I mean, I like this dynamic. The casual sex but still being best friends. But I don't want to waste your time." She explained. Tyler nodded and ran a hand through his hair.

"I get it. I really do. I'm not mad or hurt. I just want us to still be best friends." Tyler explained. Y/N rapidly nodded her head.

"Oh my god of course. I don't want to lose you from my life." She explained with a smile. Tyler smiled back as Y/N began to get dressed. Once she was fully clothed she laid back down next to Tyler.

"So what's his name?" Tyler asked, and Y/N could feel his smirk.

———

"My name is Max" the stranger said sticking out his hand. Y/N gladly took it and shot him a smile

"Y/N."

———

"Max? What a common name." Tyler said. Y/N rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, Tyler." It was his turn to laugh as he, too, had a common name.

"Do you know anything about this guy?"

———

Y/N and Max laid side by side in her bed, with Max's arm around her shoulders. Their bare bodies cuddled up against each other as they searched for warmth.

"So, Y/N, what do you do?" Max asked, breaking the silence. She pondered for a moment as to whether or not she should tell the stranger she was the new trainer for the MLB team her brother was on. She decided against it and told the man a harmless lie.

"Just a front desk job at a vet. Taking phone calls, booking appointments. Stuff like that." She answered. "What about you?"

"Office job. Nothing too special. Boring most of the time, but pay is decent." The man replied as though he's said that a hundred times before. Y/N nodded and the pair fell into a comfortable silence until Max decided to break the silence once again.