nine: jack leiter

Yes, he's a minor league player, but I still loved him at Vanderbilt!

"Y/N! The team will be here any minute!" Y/N heard her dad yell from the kitchen. She finished straightening her hair and went to pick out an outfit.

Y/N's father, Tim Corbin, head coach of Vanderbilt baseball, was hosting a team dinner that Y/N had to be a part of.

She decided on a pair of ripped jeans and a black bodysuit paired with a pair of air forces. As Y/N made her way downstairs, she saw a few cars pull up through the door. Y/N hadn't met the team, only watched their games. She was excited because her and her father really bonded over the sport. Y/N's mother passed her, gasping when she saw her.

"Y/N, sweetie, you look so pretty." She complimented as she was making her way out to the backyard. Y/N smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Thank you mom, but I'm not even wearing anything fancy." Y/N responded. "Do you need any help?" Y/N's mother nodded.

"Can you bring the buns out to the back, please?" Y/N nodded, grabbing the huge tray from the kitchen. As she opened the screen door to the patio, a guy ran into her. He grabbed Y/N's hips to steady her, as Y/N thankfully held on to the tray.

"Oh shit, my bad," the guy responded. Y/N looked up to see Jack Leiter, one of Vanderbilt's stud pitchers. "Here, let me take that." Jack offered, grabbing the tray out of Y/N's hands. She smiled and gave him a quiet thank you. As Jack walked away, Y/N couldn't help but stare.

Jack was 6'1" and very attractive. Plus, he was an athlete. And, Jack and Y/N had a . . . thing. It wasn't dating, but it was a little more than talking, but they hadn't even kissed yet.

But, Y/N's father had always told her players were off limits, no question, which is why they had to sneak around and act as if they didn't know each other. Tim noticed Y/N's stare and chuckled. He came up behind her and lightly shoved her shoulder.

"I see you staring there little miss," Y/N's father said. She quickly looked away and cleared her throat.

"Anyone with eyes would stare at Jack." Y/N replied with a smile. Her dad chuckled and threw his arm around his daughter's shoulder, but then his tone changed to serious.

"For real, Y/N, remember my rule."

"I know dad, I know. Besides, I was just checking him out. Nothing serious." Y/N explained trying to calm her father. He nodded and gave his daughter a side hug as he made his way to the table of players. Y/N sighed in relief. She hated lying to her dad.

Y/N brushed off her outfit and decided to go and sit down at the outside table that was set up for dinner. Y/N greeted and introduced herself to most of the players while her dad started to serve the food.

A few players were still arriving at the house, which meant there were still plenty of empty seats. When Jack finally came and sat down, he sat right next to Y/N. She made sure to try and not focus all of her attention on Jack so she didn't upset her dad or make anyone suspicious. 

"Hey, could you hand me a plate please?" Jack asked Y/N after sitting down. Y/N nodded and reached over the table. She handed Jack the plate with a smile, and the team and family started to eat.

The players engaged in conversation with Tim, and Y/N sat at the end, not really paying attention until Jack started to talk to her.

"I'm Jack by the way," the boy started. "And you're Y/N, right?" He asked, trying to act as natural as possible. Y/N quietly giggled and returned the gesture.