seven: tyler glasnow pt. 2

**this was written before any of the allegations against Trevor Bauer. He is the reader's brother in this mini-series (he doesn't play a huge role).

"Won't it look incredibly suspicious that we're on the same flight? I mean, you're technically supposed to be flying out of Florida, not Chicago." Tyler had stayed his entire small break with Y/N in Chicago, and the pair were now leaving to fly down to Texas for the World Series. They agreed to keep their "relationship" a secret for now, just to be out of harm's way with the media.

Plus, there still wasn't a label. Although, without any previous knowledge of Y/N and Tyler's history, the way they acted this past week would definitely be classified as "fuck buddies".

"Yeah, that's gonna look insanely suspicious, I'm not going to lie." Tyler responded as he wheeled his and Y/N's luggage into the airport. Y/N trailed behind with two coffees in her hands. She wasn't a morning person. Anyone who knew her knew that. She was just happy to be able to sleep during the flight.

After going through security and check-ins and getting to their terminal, Tyler and Y/N walked hand in hand onto the plane that would be departing shortly. As they made their way to first class, courtesy of the MLB, Y/N noticed a familiar face; Nico Hoerner. She wasn't mad to see Nico, she really did like him, but she knew that Tyler would get jealous the minute Nico would try to speak; that's just who he was.

As they made their way to their seats, Y/N realized she would be sitting right across from Nico. Tyler didn't seem to really notice Nico, so when he sat down and Y/N wasn't at his heels, he thought something was up. Before sitting down, Y/N turned to Nico to greet him.

"Nico! Hey!" She exclaimed, grabbing the players attention. Nico shot his head up and looked up to   Y/N with a smile, immediately rising and giving her a hug.

"Y/N/N, hi! How's it going? We haven't caught up in a minute." He replied letting go of her and letting her take a seat.

"I've been great! It's so hectic with Tyler and Trevor both being in the series, but I'm so excited! Is that where you're headed?"

"Yeah! I'm gonna catch a couple of the games at least, then I'm off to stay with a teammate." He explained. Y/N nodded at his response, then quickly remembered Tyler was next to her. She turned to see an annoyed expression that he was trying to hide. She grabbed his hand and rubbed it, trying to make him calm down.

"I'm not sure if you guys have formally met, but Nico, this is Tyler Glasnow, ace for the Tampa Bay Rays, and Tyler, meet Nico Hoerner, a star 2nd baseman for the Chicago Cubs." Nico extended his arm over to Tyler, which he reluctantly accepted.    Y/N shot Tyler a look as if to say "knock it off." She could tell Tyler was annoyed, and he was one of the most jealous people she knows.

"It's awesome to meet you Tyler. You are an insanely talented pitcher, congrats on everything you've accomplished." Nico said with a grin. Tyler fixed his posture and shot Nico a fake smile.

"Thanks man, I appreciate it. You're an amazing player yourself, too. It's a shame Chicago's got so many of those utility guys that you don't get more time. I'd love to see you play more."

"Yeah, it's definitely tough at times, but I'm lucky to play for such an amazing team and organization."

"Yeah I bet, I only usually hear great things about the Cubs. A lot of great guys there too. I'm a big fan of Bryant." Tyler replied as he carried on the conversation.

"Oh yeah, all of those guys are great. Kris is as much of an amazing guy as he is player. I'm sure Y/N knows all about that." Nico joked and elbowed Y/N. When he made that comment, Y/N froze.

Sports Imagines On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara