eight: tyler glasnow pt. 3

**this was written before any of the allegations against Trevor Bauer. He is the reader's brother in this mini-series (he doesn't play a huge role).

Game 1 of the World Series came faster than it seemed. Tyler and Y/N stayed in the same room the entire time and weren't letting anyone know where. They kept off socials and didn't respond to any of the rumors.

So when it was time for the couple to leave their hotel, it was a challenge. Y/N left first, dressed in light colored jeans, white vans, and a Glasnow jersey. She heavily debated what to wear, but seeing as Tyler was pitching this game and Trevor was not, she thought repping the Rays was the move.

She made sure the coast was clear before walking out of the room in big sunglasses and a Rays hat. Tyler followed out soon after, but they agreed to take separate ubers.

Over the past few days, there had been an overwhelming amount of rumors flowing, but none of them pin-pointed who Tyler's mystery girl could be. And Y/N was even more surprised Trevor didn't put it together. He had texted Y/N numerous times apologizing about having her "man stolen" and "heart broken", but never asked if it could've been her.

She still didn't know if she was going to see her brother before the game, or if she'd see the Glasnows.

The ride to the stadium was short, and when Y/N got there she immediately went and found Tyler, who'd somehow made it there faster, and was in the clubhouse.

"Babyyy," Tyler cooed as he saw Y/N. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a huge hug, which she gladly returned. "I haven't seen you in like 30 minutes. I missed you." Tyler said as Y/N giggled into his chest.

"When did you become so needy, Glasnow?" Y/N teased as she leaned up to kiss Tyler on the cheek. He had a pout on his face as he began to speak.

"First of all, being needy and loving my girlfriend are different things. Second, you missed." As he finished speaking, he planted his lips on Y/N's and pulled her in closer to deepen the kiss. Y/N smiled and kissed him back, her hands finding his neck, and she began to play with his hair. The couple stayed kissing for awhile and just enjoyed the silence and each other's presence.

"I think I have to go, babe." Tyler finally said after a few minutes. Y/N nodded and gave him one last kiss before he played.

"Whatever happens tonight, Ty, I love you no matter what, and I am insanely proud of you. For everything." Y/N said sincerely as Tyler blushed.

"Thank you. I love you more. Everything I do out there tonight will be for you, Y/N/N. For real." Y/N smiled at her boyfriend's words. They shared one last hug before parting ways. Tyler headed to the bullpen while Y/N stayed in the  clubhouse.

———

The game was just starting, and Y/N decided to watch the beginning of it in the clubhouse. She liked listening to the announcers, and was still a little uneasy about seeing Tyler's family since they were now together. She knew his parents were up there, as well as Tyler's older brother, Ted.

Y/N settled down on one of the clubhouse couches with a few snacks too as Tyler was about to throw the first pitch. Before he did, Y/N watched as he scribbled something into the mound, which he never did.

"Alright, folks, as this game is just about to start, you can see Tyler Glasnow write in the sand. It appears to be a heart.. with initials? Y/N B could it say?" Y/N heard the announcers words and gasped. Her hand flew to her mouth as she also smiled. Sure enough, a camera zoomed in on the mound, and the announcers sure were right. Y/N couldn't think of any better reason to get it out there that they were an item. She decided that after the top of this inning, she'd go out to see the Glasnows, as they surely now put together the clues.