six: tyler glasnow pt. 1

**this was written before any of the allegations against Trevor Bauer. He is the reader's brother in this mini-series (he doesn't play a huge role).

When Y/N heard the news that her best friend, Tyler Glasnow, would be playing in the World Series against her brother, Trevor Bauer, she was beyond excited.

She had been nothing but supportive of both men in their upbringings, and to see two of the most important people in her life play the most important game of theirs was an emotion she couldn't even explain.

As she watched the final out of the Rays game her smile grew when she watched all of the players flood the field.

Being close to Tyler meant she had been to a number of games and knew most of the players, though COVID made it hard for her to make any this season. She hadn't even seen Tyler since May, and it was now October. They FaceTimed an embarrassing amount, and everyone close to them swore they were secretly dating.

They weren't, but it certainly wasn't an idea Y/N was opposed to. Tyler was an amazingly attractive man, with sharp facial features, a toned body, and an incredible structure, standing at six foot eight.

She had grown up very close to Tyler, and was two years younger. Her brother was always protective of the boys she hung out around and was friends with, but something about Tyler made Trevor immediately trust him.

Neither Y/N or Tyler had serious relationships in high school, so they'd be each other's dates to everything; whether it be Homecoming or Prom, or showing up to Pep rallies and football games.

Not long after the ending of the game, Y/N got a FaceTime from Tyler- something he did after every one of his games. She quickly stopped what she was doing and sat down to answer him.

"There's my superstar!" She first exclaimed when answering. Tyler beamed at her through the phone.

"Ty, I am so insanely proud of you, seriously. You've come so far, and I am so lucky to have been by your side through everything."

"Oh my god, Y/N/N, you're the best. You know I couldn't have done half this shit without you." Tyler said honestly, which made Y/N shyly blush.

"And I can't believe I'll be playing Trevor! That's gonna be the coolest part." He said, his smile not faltering for a minute.

"I know! You guys made it hard for me to pick a side to root for," Y/N said with a laugh as Tyler chuckled too.

"The good thing is I can just root for you guys individually." She said, ending her statement with a wink. As she noticed Tyler was about to start speaking, another FaceTime call was coming in from her brother.

"Ugh, Ty, Trev's calling me, do you mind if I take it?"

"Dude, it's your brother. Not at all. I'll talk to you later, I love youuu." He finished, dragging out the "oo" in you.

"I love you too. I'll see you soon at the series!"

"Yep, yep. See you sooner than you think!" If Y/N had been paying better attention, she would've thought Tyler's statement was weird, but she was more focused on answering her older brother.

"Hey Trev! What's up?"

"Oh nothing much, just wanted to see if you saw that your boyfriend made it to the World Series." He said in a teasing voice. Y/N rolled her eyes at him and blushed for a second time that night already.

"A), he's not my boyfriend, and B), yes I saw. I just got off the phone with him actually."

"Oh my god," Trevor said with a laugh. "He called you right after his game? And you swear you guys aren't fucking?" Y/N scoffed at her older brother's remark and he sat on the other line dying of laughter.