17.

【 𝘚𝘰𝘯𝘫𝘢𝘺 𝘏𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘯 𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 ∥ 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴 】
Detroit ⇄ 2:45 AM.

I woke up to bright ass lights and a loud ass machine.

I looked around and lifted my arm seeing all the things they had on me . I tried to sit up but quickly realized that wasn't a good idea .

"Shit." I winced as I slowly laid back down . "Where Mason at?" I asked Tez as soon as he walked in.

"Man what the fuck." He mumbled . "They got him in cps right no-"

I ain't even let him finish . "Nah man, they gotta let me go right now." I tried pulling all the tubes and things off of me. "I gotta go get my son, nah." My heart racing , the machine started beeping and two nurses rushed in.

"Are you okay?" The lady asked seeing me in panic .

Sage walked in and quickly came to me , grabbing my hands . "I got him," she nodded the nurses off . "Sonjay, stop." She said sternly.

I ignored her still tugging at the IV causing her to pop my hand. "Sage they got my son, if they give him to any family member on his mama side it's gone be hell getting him back."

She huffed , "Sonjay calm down. They have to question you and they're not gonna take Mason from you, calm down."

The police walked in, "We need everyone to leave the room!" They yelled causing me to make a face.

Once everybody left , they say around my bed . It was 3 big fat ass white men , one looked real nerdy . He was sitting to my left , the one next to him looked like he could be apart of the KKK and the one on my right was just bald with dark shades , like he was FBI or something.

"So before we start , we are recording just for the record and at anytime you can stop talking."

I nodded in confusion . What did they expect me to tell them? Even if i did know something , I wasn't telling them.

"So can you just tell me what happened?" The nerdy one said .

"I got shot."

"Do you know who shot you?"

"No, do you?"

"Are you trying to be funny?" The KKK member asked .

"Nah, im deadass." I looked at him with a straight face .

"Where was your son when you were getting shot at?" The FBI agent asked .

"I told my son to run to the back of the store."

"Why didn't you run back there with him?" KKK questioned .

"My son is very smart, he knows when it's time to play and when i'm serious . I had to do what any parent would do and that was protect us, they would have probably ran in the store if we ran to the back and hid." I said in a duh tone .

"The gun, is that gun yours?"

"Yes, registered to me and I am licensed to carry." I nodded . "Anything on my record was before I was 17."