Don't Freak Out!

(POV:Reader)

We had walked from the river to a clearing in the woods. Night had fallen, so we built a campfire to keep us warm and to be a small light source. Currently we sat on some logs and I wrapped my hair around Eugene's hand, as he stared at me doing it.

-"So, you're being strangely cryptic"

-"As you wrap your magic hair around my injured hand" he groaned in pain as I had wrapped it a bit too hard.

-"Sorry"

-"Just don't...don't freak out" he looked at me with wide eyes, then down at his hand.

-"Flower, gleam and glow" I began to sing, closing my eyes.

-"Let your power shine" 

-"Make the clock reverse"

-"Bring back what once was mine"

-"Heal what has been hurt"

-"Change the fate's design"

-"Save what has been lost"

-"Bring back what once was mine"

-"What once was mine..." I opened my eyes, a bit hesitant.

He stared at me then looked at his hand and unwrapped my hair off of it. He whimpered looking at it, his mouth wide open in shock. He turned his hand for me to see, then turned to stare at it. His breathing quickened, and before he could scream.

-"Please don't freak out!"

-"I-I'm not freaking out"

-"Are you freaking out?"

-"I'm just interested in your hair and the magical qualities it possesses"

-"How long has it been doing that exactly?"

-"Uh...forever, I guess?"

-"Mother says when I was a baby, people tried to cut it, to keep it for themselves"

-"But, once it's cut it turns y/h/c..."

-"...it loses its powers" I moved my hair to show him the small strand of y/h/c hair.

-"A gift like that, it has to be protected"

-"That's why mother never let me..." I stopped and sighed.

-"That's why I never left and..." I turned away from him.

-"You never left that tower" I turned back to him.

-"And you're still going to go back?"

-"No!"

-"Yes"

-"It's complicated" I sighed, burying my face in my hands. I took a deep breath and turned to face him again.

-"So, Eugene Fitzherbert, huh?" I smirked as he sighed in annoyment.

-"Ah, yeah, well..."

-"I'll spare you the sob story of poor orphan Eugene Fitzherbert"

-"It's a little bit of a downer" I scooted closer and rested my head in my hands, ready to listen.

(A/N):

Sorry for the late chapter, got a bit busy!

I hope you enjoyed it!

Bye!