Ch 554: To Protect

Start from the beginning

She was about to get married and what was the nearest marriage ceremony here? The goddamn princess. Lin Ye wanted to slap his head at how dense he was.

Not now. Later.

He had a runaway princess to deal with.

She was mistaking him for her brother, one of Yan's princes.

This was a first.

After being recognized, Ying Li didn't seem to care. Instead, she grabbed Lin Ye's hand and pulled him up. Lin Ye stood up and looked at the girl in front of him.

"We don't have time!" She said hysterically, "Don't worry, Gege. I can get you away from Yan."

"Umm," He tried to get her attention.

"Although I don't know why you came back, or how you survived." Ying Li wiped her tears and said, "You have to leave now because Ying Jie is in the city. If he knows you are here, alive. He will never let you go."

"Ugh."

"You have to leave. Ursus, Victoria, any place is better than here... Maybe not Higashi." She thought hard about this, "That scumbag could use his connection to get you there."

"Umm, Ying Li?"

"Don't use my full name to change my mind! You need to leave! Now!" She glared at him. Then she looked away from him and walked back and forth in front of him, "I can't smuggle you from here. It is too dangerous."

"I am not your brother."

"Maybe using the plane? No. Too obvious. By boat? Maybe. How about-," Then he realized what Lin Ye just said to her. Her eyes winded as she looked at him, "What?"

"I am not your brother." Seeing that he finally got her attention, he repeated himself, "I think you are mistaken me for him. Sorry."

"Wha-What are you talking about?" Ying Li opened her mouth. Her voice was barely a whisper when she spoke again. Then she showed a troubled smile at him, "Is this one your prank? It's not funny."

"I am sorry but no," Lin Ye took a deep breath. Then he looked into Ying Li's eyes and said slowly, "I Think you git the wrong person here. I am not your brother. My name is Lin Ye, not Ying Zhen.

Ying Li's eyes widen. She was about to say something but was interrupted when she heard a girl's voice.

"Gege?" Nian mumbled as she rubbed her eyes. She looked around and found him, "What's going on?"

Ying Li looked at her in shock.

"Gege?"

Five minutes later, everyone came to the living room. They were all sitting on the sofa.

Except for Nian, who understood nothing and was barely awake, who was sitting on Lin Ye's lap did not care about this. Everyone else was intrigued by what was going on. However, Lin Ye noticed how the princess was sending glances at Nian and him from time to time. Every time he caught her doing this, she would look away and pretend nothing happened.

"Lin Ye may be a part of the royal family of Yan?"

Even Skadi, who was standing at his side, was interested in this. Her eyes constantly switched between Lin Ye and Ying Li. She was not alone. Everyone else did the same thing, except for Nian, who was trying her best to not sleep.

Lin Ye then notice that Warfarin was a bit too excited as she was looking at both of them.

This did not surprise him. She was the one that was eager to steal the blood from the said princess after all. If this girl was really Lin Ye's sister, it will make everyone happy.