24

Chapter Twenty Four: Callisto's POV

Nikolai threw a party for me because I won the election with the help of many people, but a part of me was still missing, a piece, her love...

I sat down beside her dad, he was talking to her new wife while crossing his legs holding a red wine on his other hand while the other hand was on his wife's thigh.

"Congrats, Elizalde." He said. I slowly nodded before looking around I didn't saw her grandfather on the party.

He arched a brow before slowly nodding. "My daughter's first boyfriend, right?" He asked.

I shooked my head. "She had a boyfriend before me, Mr. Roosevelt."

He chuckled before slowly nodding. "Oh, damn that hurts, man.... kidding aside, but you were actually the first guy she told me, it was my first time seeing her happy during those times..." He whispered.

I licked my lower lip stroking my hair using my hands and gave him a small smile which made him smiled back. "I couldn't understand before why she wanted to disobey her grandfather because of you, but now I do."

He tapped my back while chuckling and took a shot of tequila. "You're a good kid, thank you for giving my former wife the justice she truly deserves, I see a good future ahead of you, continue that."

"Whatever my daughter decision is, I hope you will the one who will she ends up with, you're a bright kid."

Hearing those words makes me weak, because I already knew she would never choose me again, those eyes will never look at me the same, I would never hear her calling my name with a smile on her face.

"I hope so, Uncle." I answered.

I was hoping that she would still say yes and come back into my arms again like what she promised, but I can't be too sure of that. I want her to look at me with her heart beating so fast, smile when she hears my name, tell me how much grateful she is to have me, and take care of her with gentleness.

"Congrats, Callisto!" Nikolai suddenly walked inside my office smiling while holding a bottle of wine.

"Thank you." I simply replied and look around

I was looking for one woman, but she wasn't here.

He arched a brow. "Let's celebrate now, Callisto."

I wanted to win not because that's what my father wants, but because I want to prove everyone that I can be a leader and I can do better than him, and prove that I am much better than him in terms of leading.

"Do you still love my sister?" He asked, pouring the glass shot a tequila.

Nagtaas ang tingin ko sa mga mata niya bago tumango at tumawa. "Hindi pa ba halata? Halos ipagsiksikan ko na ang sarili ko sakanya, pero hindi niya pa rin ako kayang tanggapin..."

"Hindi ka na ba nag girlfriend after niya?" He asked again.

I shooked my head. "I tried to believe me... but nothing compares to her personality, aura, and her love... she's beyond beautiful, Nikolai...."

"She was my only hope for a better future ahead of me, because she was the only person who believed in my capabilities." I chuckled and took a shot before licking my lower lip.

He arched a brow. "I can see that now, Callisto."

Everyone doubted my love for her, including her... and that fucking hurts, because I did everything I can to protect her name from the media, kahit ako na ang binabatikos ng maraming tao. I chose to give her the peace she always wanted.