18

Chapter Eighteen: Serene's POV

The day after his birthday party I already became busy busy working on his school building project so we could finish it on time. "Mommy!" Cara called me while she was eating a lollipop, she was sitting on my couch while she was watching something on YouTube with her Nanny, Manang Tasing.

I smiled a little and turned off my computer and went infront of her holding her small hand. "Why, baby?"

She pointed at her iPad. "The couple died..." She said, almost crying. I looked at her iPad before shooking my head.

"Cara, you should go home already. Mommy's busy with her work, alright?" I told her and patted her head before giving Manang Tasing a nod, signalling them to go home.

Cara shooked her head and started to cry. "I don't wanna go home, Mommy, please..." She softly said and dropped the lollipop on the floor.

I shooked my head and pointed at my watch. "I promise to watch a Disney movie with you if you go home na, is that a good deal baby?"

She nodded slowly before putting the lollipop on the trashbin and hold Manang Tasing's hand and walked outside of my office. I let out a heavy sigh before going to the parking lot. I went inside my car and started the engine so I could start driving and went to the construction site early.

"Engineer, breakfast?" The construction guy from yesterday asked while smiling at me widely and wiped his sweat using the cloth around his neck. I saw Callisto on the other side sitting there like some of a security because he was watching every step of the construction workers.

I went beside him. "Mr. Elizalde, you shouldn't watch them eating... it's disrespectful." I whispered to him.

He let out a small chuckle, he was looking at me now. "I prepared the food for them, Miss Natalia. I have the rights to watch them from afar so I could see their reaction.'

Zoren pulled my arm with him and made me sit beside him. There were a lot of food infront of us. I bit my lower lip, this feast could ruin my diet! "Why are you using your hands while eating? There are utensils inside the paper bag use it." Callisto seriously told him.

I let out a small laugh, he was a rich kid after all he never experienced these kind of things before when he was young, he looked at me but I just rolled my eyes when he smiled at me.

The construction guy laughed at him before shooking his head. "Mas masarap po pag nakakamay, Mr. Elizalde. Kung gusto niyo po kayo po ang mag utensils at kumain ka sama namin."

"No need for that, Kuya! Engineer Natalia will teach me how to eat using my hands." He seriously said.

I almost choke because of what he said he immediately ran towards the table and gave me a water bottle padabog ko na kinuha 'yon sakanya bago inumin. "Aayiee!" Pangaasar nila. Pinagtawanan ako nila Zoren, at Ellise dahil sila ang kasama ko sa project na 'to sila ang architect ng project kaya sumama sila para makita ang changes ng construction ng building, bigla akong napapapikit ng may mahulog sa damit ko na ipot ng ibon tumayo agad ako at tumili.

"Yuck!" I heard Ellise voice.

I rolled my eyes before trying to wipe it with wipes but I can still smell it. I bit my lower lip and looked at the construction workers. "Do you have a extra shirt? I'll give it back tomorrow." I told them, they shooked their head which made me let out a heavy sigh.

"I have a extra shirt inside my car." Callisto suddenly spoke from my back, I can smell his manly scent even he was on my back. I don't have any choice but to nodded and followed him in the parking lot so he could get the extra shirt he was referring to inside his car.