09

Chapter Nine: Serene's POV

"I heard you got accepted in La Salle. Do you still attend your ballet class?" Grandma asked, slicing the cake infront of us.

Veronica smiled and nodded. "Thank you po, Grandma! I still attend sometimes but I want to do theater and arts." She answered.

Uncle Anthony brows furrowed when he heard the theater thing. He doesn't like that word, how ironic. He literally married a Miss Universe Candidate what's wrong with his daughter doing acting?

Uncle Anthony sipped on his wine. "Can't you just reject the offer and enrolled to Harvard? You can do it, right, my dear?" He asked, smiling a little bit looking at Veronica's direction.

Auntie Mei shooked her head slowly before holding her husband's gandm "Love, we already talked about this."

Uncle shooked his head and looked at me. "Serene, how about you. Where are you going to study?" He asked.

I took a deep breath. "Ateneo. I already took my entrance exam, the results will be out tomorrow." I answered and smiled.

His mouth formed a 'o' "Ateneo? Why did you reject the University from another country?" He asked again slicing his steak.

"I want to stay here in Manila. I think I can't handle being alone abroad." I answered. He was about to ask something again but my older brother interrupted him which made him more upset.

My brother arched a brow before pulling the white cloth and wiped his mouth. "Can you please let her eat first?" My brother stated, not even glancing at my Uncle.

"What course are you going to take, Veronica?" Grandma asked, grandpa was busy talking someone on the phone.

Uncle Anthony chuckled before tapping his daughters shoulder. "Business management, Mom. I think it's the best course for her." Uncle answered for Veronica. Veronica just fake a smile and slowly nodded.

"Is that what you really want, hija?" Grandma asked, holding Veronica's hand. Uncle shooked his head and chuckled.

Uncle nodded. "Yes, that's what she wants, Mom." Uncle answered again for Veronica. I just ignored them and start eating more

Veronica gave us a awkward smile. "Dad and I already talked about this yesterday. I'm okay with it, Grandma. No worries." She assured.

"Nikolai, How about you? What are your plans after College?" Tanong ni Grandma sakanya.

My brother look at her before smiling and giving her a small envelope. "I will take over the company if it's okay with you." Kuya smiled.

"Of course, finally!" She sounded so excited, her eyes were full of joy.

Uncle looked at my brother with his brows furrowed. "He will take over the company?" Uncle Anthony eyes emotions changed he sighed heavily.

"Yes, Uncle." My brother answered simply and smirked.

Uncle emotions turned into anger.
"That's unfair, Mom!" He shouted which made everyone in the restaurant glance at us before looking away.

I closed my eyes for a moment. "Calm down. Don't make a scene here." My grandma said calmly before faking a smile.

"Are you serious? I dedicated my whole life for this company! I put all my time and efforts on your company! How could you do this to me?!" Uncle shouted so loudly. I gasped.

Auntie Mei looked around before holding her husband's hand, stopping him. "Honey..." She called softly but my Uncle pushed her away which made her sit on the ground.