04

Chapter Four: Serene's POV
Trigger Warning: Self harm

"Vacation is coming, what are your plans? If you don't have one, let's go to the beach! I know a good one!" Faith said while scrolling down on her phone finding a picture of a beach.

I pouted a little. "I don't want to, because you're just gonna bring your boyfriends and I'm just going to be left out." I joked.

Ellie laughed. "Same!"

"Oh, come on! Do you want me to call Callisto? Don't worry, Serene. I will tell him to go!" Solaire teased me and laughed.

"Umaasa." Pagkanta pa ni Ellie.

Faith joined as well. "I'll tell him that you're inviting him." She said before giving me a teasing smile.

"I hope Vincent and Trevor break your shitty ass hearts." I made a face before walking away from them.

"Hello, Natalia Serene Roosevelt." Bati sa akin ni Drake kasama ang mga kaibigan niya na nakatingin sa akin at tumatawa. Inirapan ko sila lahat uupo na sana ako pero hinarangan nila ako.

"Do you need anything from me?" Tanong ni Drake nagsalubong ang kilay ko bago siya taasan ng kilay at tinulak.

"Excuse me I don't need anything from a jerk like you!" Malditang sagot ko sakanya. Natawa lang ang mga kasama niya habang inaasar siya, umupo na lang ako sa Isang tabi at hindi sila pinansin.

When Faith and Solaire arrived at the classroom, we started studying together, to be honest I felt like giving up lately. STEM is so hard. But I have dreams, goals and ambitions.

I know that we have a company but it's my grandma's and my dad's. I don't want to be a spoiled brat asking for someone's hardship. I want to work hard and to have my own nothing is impossible as long as I'm hardworking, right? I will be an Engineer in the future! I won't disappoint my grandmother, my brother, and my friends. I know that they will still love me no matter what happens but I want to make them proud someday.

When my classes ended, I recieved a text from my Kuya he told me to go to our Grandfather's house because they invited us for a dinner.

My Grandmother and my Grandfather are separated so they live in different house we only visit our Grandfather in holidays or in any special occasion, some articles said that they got separated because my Grandfather cheated on my Grandmother, some says that they just drifted apart and decided to be business partners only but I think none of it was true.

"It's been a while, Engineer Serene! You look glowing and fresh." She greeted warmly before complimenting me.
.
I smiled at her before giving her a peck on her cheek. "Thank you! Stop saying that it might not come true." I joked.

She laughed. "I know you will become an engineer, not now but definitely soon!" She gave me a thumbs up.

Veronica is my only cousin from my mother side, she was never a spoiled brat even though she's living with my grandfather and with my uncle. She was too nice, soft, and sweet as a candy. I heard from other people that she's taking theater class for her up coming movie with a known actor here in the Philippines. She was also a model when she was young.

"How's the future superstar?" I asked.
She chuckled and shooked her head a little before giving me a warm smile.

She giggled and scracted her head a little shaking her hands. "Not, yet. But I know someday we'll get there, Ate Serene." She answered.

"Stop being humble, Veron!" I laughed.

She smiled a little. "Just like you, my inspiration to become a better person."