CHAPTER 29

NEIL'S POV

PAGKAUWI ko mula sa Lantaw Restaurant ay dumiretso na agad ako ng aking kwarto at naglinis ng katawan bago umupo sa harapan ng laptop.

Nanginginig ang kamay kong ipinasak ang itim na flashdrive na may nakalagay na sulat na Yoana's file.

And one thing came to my mind. Is Yoana the name of my child? Is my child a he or she?

Nervously tapping my hand in the table while waiting for the file to open. And I feel like mawawalan ako ng hininga sa bawat minuto at segundong lumilipas.

I sighed and reach for my phone and stared at the wallpaper where it's me and Ysabel's stolen picture during college days. Sinend 'to sakin ni Mara nang minsang itanong ko sa kaniya kung alam ba niya kung nasaan si Jamea. And instead of telling me things, she send it to me like she want to torture me.

Naiintindihan ko ano man ang rason niya nang ipadala sakin 'yun dahil sila ang naging karamay niya nung mga panahong kailangan niya ako sa tabi niya.

And as soon as the file open. I felt my tears stream down my eyes non stop when I already hear the giggles and cries of a baby girl in the video.

And I don't need someone to explain everything because it's already obvious that she's mine. Mine.

From her skin color, eyes, and hair. Sumisigaw ang pagkakatulad naming dalawa na para kaming pinagbiyak na bunga. And her lips are the same with Ysabel.

"My baby," I mumbled while crying. I couldn't contain the happiness I felt while watching the whole video of my child.

Yoana. Ysabel named our child Yoana.

The second video was named 'The Beginning of everything' , I click it and my heart throb with the sight.

It's Jamea's video when she's giving birth with our daughter beside her only covered with white lampin with a name of the hospital imprinted on itSouthern Philippines Medical Center- Davao (SPMC-DAVAO).

She gave birth their with Tita Selena. A familiar woman is the one holding the camera.

"Welcome to the world Baby Yoana!"

As the video continued to play, another set of tears stream down to my eyes. It is obviously taken during Yoana's first birthday.

"First Birthday na ng baby Yoana ko," Ysabel said in the background while the video focuses to our child only while crawling in the bed. "How I wish your Daddy is here anak," para akong binuhusan nang malamig na tubig nang marinig ang sinabing 'yun ni Ysabel. Nanginginig pa ang boses niya at halatang pigil na pigil ang sariling umiiyak. The video continues, as my tears too.

"Sweetie, your daughter really looks like him," boses ng  lalaki na kilala ko, si Engineer Zakiro Saleem Samonte.

"Kuya, sana no nandito siya? Pero syempre, may pamilya na siya, at naiintindihan ko na hindi na niya kami mapupuntahan ni Yoana dahil mas may dapat siyang unahin,"

"Sweetie,"

"I'm okay Kuya. Hindi ko lang po alam kung paano ko sasabihin kay Yoana ang tungkol sa ama niya. Ayaw ko po siyang saktan Kuya,"

"Hey, I'm here okay? For now, let's settle with this. I am her Papa, hmm? I am her Papa for now. Wala akong alam tungkol sa inyo ng ama ng pamangkin ko, but, of course as your cousin and Kuya, I won't let that man hurt you,"

"Thank you Kuya,"

"Stop crying now, this is our princess' first Birthday. We should be happy,"