[85] sweet dreams.

The sun sets as the world keeps spinning around. Time exists, not minding much any other things. Living beings are all moving on with their life. Town streets are merry with lights and laughter.

Fugo sat alone in the office where almost nothing could be heard. The scratch of his pen on the paper is no louder than his beating heart. Most of the room has turned dark from the lack of lights coming from the window. Still, no darker than the bag under his eyes. He didn't bother to turn on the light. He has no will to do it much like his spirit to continue living.

No other movement was needed, if his chest weren't breathing then the only thing moving would be his hands. His dull empty eyes were fixed on one point. Fugo does feel the tension in his body. His muscles are aching, bones and joints creaking. 

The lights suddenly on make him jolt in his seat. 

Fugo blinked, mouth hanging up open when he sees Bucciarati backing him. Unaware of Fugo staring at him.

"Why didn't you turn on the light?" Bucciarati turned around. "You might need glasses in the near future if you keep this up."

"Bucciarati." Fugo smiled with closed eyes in an attempt to make himself look better. He'd wiped up his sweat a second before Bucciarati looked at him. His breath is getting heavy. "I was about to leave."

Lies. Fugo wasn't realized how much time has passed, even though he's done today's work a long time ago.

"I came to collect them," Bucciarati said, "you're fast as usual."

Fugo chuckled, handing his superior the said documents. "I am."

Clearly, Bucciarati doesn't know what he's talking about. 

"Thank you, Fugo. Let's eat dinner. Narancia wants to choose the place."

"Actually, I would like to go home now," Fugo shrugged, smiling thinly. "I want to sleep."

Bucciarati took seconds to properly examine the blond before him. "Sleep well, alright? I don't want you to be sick. I'll bring you breakfast."

".. Thank you, Bucciarati." 

Fugo threw himself onto the bed as soon as he changed clothes. Lying on his back, now it's somehow easier for him to breathe. It feels like he could melt into the bed. He has no strength left to survive meeting others.

He really just wants to sleep.

He shifted to the side, curling up like a baby, and not bothering to cover up with blanket. He stayed in that position until his eyes closed.

Not necessarily meaning he's gone to the dream world already.

To say his mind is racing would be quite a hyperbole. Fugo tried to not think of anything, keeping his head blank to feel every fiber of his bed. He's getting aware of the rise and fall of his chest. Every breath he took was very dry and coming out warm. Strands of hair falling to his forehead and tickling his eyebrows, he frowns to make them away. The beating pace of his hearth is getting faster and faster and faster.

And faster.

Fugo sucked in a sharp breath with his mouth as his eyes opened wide. Veins on his eyes can be seen, red and nothing less. Sweats are forming slowly on his cold body. He's breathing in and out with his mouth while not moving at all.

I think I should start thinking of something... 

Nothing comes to his mind. Funny how normally he could think of many things at the same time and now he kind of just shuts down. 

He was just laying there for a long time. Eyes half-opened seeing nothing but a blurry nightstand. He figured minutes has passed when it was already an hour. The time keeps going but he is stuck in place.

Fugo's itching to move his body but he couldn't. Headache is coming back for him, slowly taking its throne, his skull to the neck. The sense of his heart thumping like crazy moves through his whole body. He can feel them through his arms and legs and to his fingertips. It wasn't pleasant the slightest bit.

His eyes twitched.

"Damnit-" he groans, louder than he intends it to be and slightly cracked.

He's lethargic, supporting himself with both hands to sit straight by the edge of the bed. He started walking toward the kitchen, nearly crashing into the door but still cursing under his breath.

Fugo gulped down two glasses of water and suddenly he was drenched in sweats. Though, the warm and sticky feeling through his pajama is somewhat comfortable. It may sound disgusting but it helps him grounding himself. And to imagine how fresh the bath would be in the morning. It's the little thing to keep him going.

Now that he's freshened his mind a little he's going back to flopping on the bed. He changed the side of his blanket, cold and nice. It took him some time to settle on a position and chose to just lie straight on his back. It was a good decision to let Narancia choose the bed for him. The bed is extra fluffy and never fails to make him feel like on a cloud.

Alright. I think I can sleep now?

Fugo shuts his eyes slowly. It's probably almost midnight if not it has already passed. Still, plenty of time to sleep before his alarm at five. Bucciarati will come around six to seven or just a little bit later if the whole squad is coming. Or not? Narancia and Mista most definitely will sleep until nine. They're now not in a mansion together too. His decision to live alone was because Abbaccio did it first. Meanwhile, Giorno stays in dormitory. Sometimes they will sleep together in the mansion. He couldn't sleep since the two troublemakers often were so loud playing games until late at night.

...?

"Shit," he moaned, tossing himself to the side. 

Fugo opens his eyes to find the clock showing him how terribly late it is. It hasn't felt like time has passed much. He wasn't thinking a lot of things. Was he just dreaming? 

Even when he lives alone he still couldn't sleep. How hilarious and cursed he is. 

"I'll have to do something else," he murmured to himself.

The dim light on his desk accompanied him for the rest of the night. Dead quiet and the sound of flipped pages is no louder than his breath. Heavy and unsteady breath, Fugo taps his finger on the table lightly. He randomly picked a book and now reread a novel he forgot to return to Bucciarati.

He had read the pages until unconsciously just stopped midway. 

The clock is ticking.

And Fugo is stuck in time.